• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your 10/22

So, i'm in the market or a 10/22 LR, and I wanted to see what you all have, knowing most people have at least 1 10/22.

what im looking for is one the 10/22 with a custom looking stock (ambidextrous or lefty) with the colors in the wood grain.

Anyone want to post what your 10/22 looks like, and where you got it?

Thanks

Hmmm, figured this would be in the "firearms" area buuuutttt...

I've built up 6 or so 10/22's, have 2 in progress, another waiting after that and at least two more planned. All currently have those laminated ("colors in the wood grain") stocks.

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

OK so you've got one - now the fun begins:

I'd start by getting a set of Tech Sites for it - check out the Liberty Training Rifle threads down in the Appleseed forum - lots of good mods in the thread - and links to Rimfire Centrral

Cool "stock options" can be found in the aftermarket world and don't overlook the Butler Creek stocks - some look down on their barrels but others swear by them. I have a BS stock and it fits me rather well. Mine fits the regular non-bull barrels.

As a lefty I'll suggest trying to live in the righty world but if you can't, just flip the safety around to lefty

If you're gonna go for a bull barrel set up, cruise the shops and look for an OEM take off - I picked one up for $50 - it's a laminated wood stock that is solid.

Check out Rimfire Central and check out the different options - some mods are as cheap as free (elbow grease) others can range in the hundreds

Good luck, have fun

Not sure if this fits your requirements....... but...

IMG_0786.jpg

Standard 10/22T (laminate stock, fluted stainless barrel, target trigger) with Harris bipod and Mueller APV on a BKL mount.

now do you make the stock yourself or buy it? do you sell them once completed?

Buy 'em. The red/black is from Boyd's, the yellow/black from Revolution and the brown is factory Ruger. Others here are either Boyd's or Revolution. I prefer the later for their finish and a slightly different grip feel.

Really want to blow your mind check out the ulimate build section of the 10/22 at Rimfire Central. If you dont get any good ideas between here and there then your meeped.

1141.jpg

just grabbed one of these for the wife a couple weeks ago at Kittery. They have a good selection.

This came with a cheap scope for just under $350

Those are some sexy 10/22's! For some reason I never thought of adding a bi-pod. Hmmm...

Sadly mine is bone stock with the exception of a decent scope. I can't complain. It's a 10/22.

I got mine for $200 at AG in Lowell. The tag said 'used' but the only thing I could find wrong was the layer of dust on it. It even came with good rings and a cheap scope pre-zeroed. Bonus!

Mine is kind of like Hanwei's but more homely.

It has:
- Butler Creek barrel
- Hogue Stock
- Bushnell Banner scope (kind of sucky but it came with the gun)
- Volquartsen hammer
- Volquartsen autobolt release
- Volquartsen mag release
- Volquartsen recoil buffer

1022.jpg

I'd suggest getting the book customize the ruger 10/22 by James House.
This is the bible on that particular firearm and will be the best $25 you ever spent.

Just added another base for a project, second one in the last month or so. Should have a bbl I order a while back soon and now I gotta order another - Whistle Pig again probable. Stock he wants isn't available now so gotta wait a couple weeks. This makes 2 he'll have before summer and probably a 3rd before fall. Guess my next build takes a back seat yet again. :(

Back
Top Bottom