You plan an SBR build,get your paper work, now you can't find the barrel you planned

So after looking around, I really want to build a 7.5" 9mm SBR on an AR platform. I'd also rather build an upper on my own instead of buying a fully assembled one, but I could go either way.

So far I have found a 7" barrel from ADCO and then there's the CMMG fully assembled 7.3". I don't know which I'd go with when it's time for the rubber to hit the road. Both would have slightly different dimensions, so I don't know what I would fill out for barrel length and OAL on the form 4? What if I choose to build on my own and the only items I can source after the approval paperwork is a fully assembled upper with different dimensions than my form 4?

The barrel length/overall length/caliber on the form don't matter. Get whatever barrel you want. If you really want to, you can notify ATF of the change, but they don't care.

--EasyD

Sherluk

I have seen them at the Big E show in the past. One this coming weekend 12th and 13th. Last show he had a few SBR?Pistol uppers.

sbr

Do you have a friend who doesn't own an AR lower? You could buy your upper now and have them hang on to it until your paperwork goes through.

Do you have a friend who doesn't own an AR lower? You could buy your upper now and have them hang on to it until your paperwork goes through.

Not a bad idea.

Radioman/Bankjob: Thanks for the heads up on other vendors. My vendor search definitely hasn't been extensive yet. The info I am looking for though is more along the lines of what EasyD provided and not suggested vendors. I do appreciate the info though. Right now, it looks like a CMMG complete upper assembly at $650 might be the best bang for the buck vs assembling yourself.

Actually, now that I think of it, I have a complete .223 AR and two AR lowers that have never been registered as a rifle or pistol. Obviously buying a complete upper could be "constructive possession" due to my complete AR. But could buying the 9mm barrel be "constructive possession" if I don't have any other parts like a bolt, buffer, magblock, etc?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom