• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You asked for it

Twigg

NES Member
So I'll deliver. I just received clearance from the club Prez. We have the OK for a full two day Appleseed at Woodsman Rifle & Pistol in Athol, February 7th & 8th.
In the snow. [smile]

More to follow, including link to registration, link will be posted in several days. Stay tuned.
Need to mail forms out.

Last edited:
Will there be a registration deadline? I wont know for sure until mid January, but as long as Im in town/not flying back to work that weekend Im in.
You can always shoot as a walk-on. The fee is slightly higher for one day but the way it's been run in the past , if you wanted to shoot for the second day you'd just pay the difference and it winds up being the same price as if you'd pre-registered.

I'll have pricing and more info up later.

I want in on this, bring on the cold!!! Thanks, Mr. Twigg!

Looking forward to the details.

I'll let you know soon. My mom's birthday is the 11th, and I'm not sure if we're celebrating the weekend before or the weekend after. Are you guaranteeing the snow? I just bought my Wachusett season pass, so I hope there's snow this winter.

Yes. Postholing through the snow to chance targets between rapid fire AQT's is going to be exhausting.
"Postholing"? I would fully expect the first range command of the day will be "Shovel the line!" and the second to be "Shovel the range!". [smile]

I may make it for Sunday, weather and honey-do list permitting.

Y'know, Dennis, when I saw the message notification from Appleseedinfo.org this morning that you got the OK for a shoot in the snow, I spent a couple of minutes moaning and groaning... "What is he, nuts?", "standing in the snow all day... grumble, grump"...

And then it occurred to me that Washington's troops probably would have given a LOT to have a pair of Sorel boots (rated to well below zero) and a Lands End parka (also rated to some obscene temperature) like the ones that I'll be wearing at the shoot. At least I'm not going to be leaving bloody footprints in snow like they did. Made me ashamed of my reaction, it did.

I'll be there. I'll be cold, but not as cold as the boys who won us our independence and made sure that we had the rights to freely assemble, with our guns, and shoot. I'll have my scoped LTR and my iron-sighted one if they're needed.

"What is he, nuts?",
I must be iffin' I'm settin' up a shoot for February !
thlulntard.gif
[smile]
fce32f95.gif

I'd like to check this out. Truth be told, I don't know what an Appleseed shoot is.

Duh.

I imagine it involves some manner of marksmanship, guns and you good folks.

Y'know, Dennis, when I saw the message notification from Appleseedinfo.org this morning that you got the OK for a shoot in the snow, I spent a couple of minutes moaning and groaning... "What is he, nuts?", "standing in the snow all day... grumble, grump"...

And then it occurred to me that Washington's troops probably would have given a LOT to have a pair of Sorel boots (rated to well below zero) and a Lands End parka (also rated to some obscene temperature) like the ones that I'll be wearing at the shoot. At least I'm not going to be leaving bloody footprints in snow like they did. Made me ashamed of my reaction, it did.

I'll be there. I'll be cold, but not as cold as the boys who won us our independence and made sure that we had the rights to freely assemble, with our guns, and shoot. I'll have my scoped LTR and my iron-sighted one if they're needed.

"Well said, Brother Dravot!"

Awwww, nuts.

Drill weekend for me - I don't think I can convince the captain that an Appleseed is more important training than watching F-15s break.

[thinking]

Even though it is.......

I might be up for this. The prospect of freezing my butt off in the snow is not very appealing - but the date is after the inaguration, so by then my white hot rage should be enough to keep me warm.

I'm in depending on requirements, etc. What do we need to participate? 0 beats 100 as far as I'm concerned .
Go here and read.

Minimum would be reliable rifle with sling, 500 rounds of ammo, shooting pad and, (since it's in winter) warm clothes.

Rifle should have sling and military sights, or if you prefer, a low-power scope. (those of us who just can't see the targets use scopes. I'd rather use iron sights, but...) Ammo should all be the same loads. Rifle should be sighted in, but if not, don't worry - we'll take care of that at the shoot. YOU'LL do it, as we'll teach you how.

My wife is going to think I lost it. But I am up for this one. So, how are the mosquitos in Athol in February? [smile] I hate mosquitos!

Back
Top Bottom