• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You’re at a mass shooting event armed. What do you do?

run and hide and defend myself if it becomes necessary.

I have my LTC and my guns to protect me and mine.

Every American is able to exercise their 2A rights.

If you choose not to and find yourself in a situation where you need a gun then it sucks to be you.

I like to tell my self I'd try to stop it but I've never been in a gun fight so I have no idea what I'd do. One things for sure I have no interest in getting in a gun fight with someone with a long gun and armor with my CCW. Also don't forget about that guy that died in a Walmart I think that went in and shot the active shooter, he was shot from behind by the second shooter, never saw it coming. I lean towards get out of Dodge, whatever increases the odds I go home to my family at the end of the day.

The jurisprudent response is to retreat and only engage if in imminent mortal danger.

Odds of getting shot by responding police mistaking a Samaritan for the perp or getting jacked up by some Soros DA are as significant issues as catching lead from the perp as far as 'life ending events'.

Could you live with yourself having 'not done anything' is the other variable. If that's potentially going to eat you alive inside mentally and slowly kill you, then that has to be considered.

It would depend on a few things.

1. The state that I'm in at the time, (geographical state, not state of mind).
2. Alone or with family.
3. Proximity to the perpetrator and whether or not there's a clear shot. (same room 12-20-30 feet and everyone is on the floor or running away, then yes, I'm emptying magazines at them.
4. What gun I happen to be carrying.

All the get out of Dodge responses reveal just what the commie pricks in government want to hear. They want to leave you defenseless and they don't want anyone doing their duty to keep good societal order.

Flame on....If I can make the shot/s, the lead's going to fly.......at least while I'm in Kentucky. I don't give a rat's ass what some minority or commie prick has to say about it either when their precious criminal bastard is buried in their grave.

All the get out of Dodge responses reveal just what the commie pricks in government want to hear. They want to leave you defenseless and they don't want anyone doing their duty to keep good societal order.

I don't have a "duty to keep good societal order."

I have a duty to keep my family from dying.

That's as far as it goes for me. You can disagree, but you don't get to decide for me. "Order" is what cops do. Want to keep order? Go be a cop.

"Order" is what cops do.
is-it-though-5b0c0c.jpg

It would depend on a few things.

1. The state that I'm in at the time, (geographical state, not state of mind).
2. Alone or with family.
3. Proximity to the perpetrator and whether or not there's a clear shot. (same room 12-20-30 feet and everyone is on the floor or running away, then yes, I'm emptying magazines at them.
4. What gun I happen to be carrying.

Flame on....If I can make the shot/s, the lead's going to fly.......at least while I'm in Kentucky. I don't give a rat's ass what some minority or commie prick has to say about it either when their precious criminal bastard is buried in their grave.
All great points. In Mass you’d likely be tried for murder if you had the ability to get away but didn’t. I’m not saying you’d be found guilty but you would be bankrupted trying to fight it.

I would do whatever I had to in order to get my family, friends and myself out safely. Anything more than that would be situational.

Pretty sure me and my G26 with a full 11 rounds of lung blowing out 9mm would fully engage the enemy....for about 30 seconds until I was shot by either the enemy, law enforcement or a self inflicted wound as I was ducking from a hail storm of bullets

I can't believe no one has answered "whip out the phone and record content for my tic-toc channel".

As others have said, with family or not...that would likely change my response. Also important to consider that "good guy with a gun" looks a lot like "bad guy with a gun" to anyone responding to the event.

We should sticky this, and link it for all the chest-puffing folks that chime in on other posts with "Mannn, if I was there, I woulda.....(insert whatever comment about how they would have shot all the bad guys, no questions asked)"

Also important to consider that "good guy with a gun" looks a lot like "bad guy with a gun" to anyone responding to the event.

Yeah. That too.

I don't see the point of exercising what some think of as my "duty to keep good societal order" when some Boy In Blue is going to show up in three minutes and "exercise" his, against me.

Sorry people, I'm figuring out how to get out alive including any family or friends I'm with. When I'm in the clear I'll call the cops. I know the limits of my abilities, and I'm not another Eli Dicken at the Greenwood Mall.

Back
Top Bottom