• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yikes...someone has more money than brains !

1949 was the first year of production for Tula. The spike bayo makes it early in production. Rare? Yup? Worth over 7K? If you want it that bad.

That one has been floating around for a while and never sells. Its been laughed at several times on Survivor's board. [grin]
It is a very early and rare SKS but is worth no where near that much. I've seen 1949 models with the hole in the lever, square gas block, spring loaded firing pin and other early features sell for about $700.
Plus no matter how you look at it... its a refurb. [hmmm]

Last edited:
1949 was the first year of production for Tula. The spike bayo makes it early in production. Rare? Yup? Worth over 7K? If you want it that bad.

Look at the bid history. It wasn't just one guy who wanted it bad.

I'll be interested to see if it actually goes. The last time it was up for auction, the buyer mysteriously backed out.[rolleyes] In fact I'm pretty sure its been up more than once before.
I group it in the same category as the sellers that offer "rare pre-ban", as they like to call them, SKS rifles such as run of the mill but minty code 26 Norincos and 59/66 Yugos for $500+.

I assumed the bid was bogus, most likely a typo. However, if you look at bid history, there are a number of people gradually cranking the price up. Certainly wouldn't be my first choice on how to spend over 7K.

Back
Top Bottom