YHM Forearm Question

Hi guys,

I'm getting everything together to start my build. I'll be doing this entirely myself from bits and pieces, except for a couple of key assemblies. Orders are bing placed tonight through next week (if ANYONE has ANYTHING left in stock... good grief...).

So far the build will be:

NES Lower by AA with:
-3.5lb Timney trigger
-A2 Stock
-Standard AR Grip (until I pick something else, if I do).​

A3 Flat Top Upper will be outfitted with:
-20" White Oak Armament CMP Match Barrel in .223, 1/7 twist w/ matching/headspaced bolt, Threaded for muzzle accessory
-YHM "Customizable Free Float Forearm" Kit, which includes the forearm, rails, endcap, and folding front sight (found it for $172 here - now showing out of stock - I hope I got the last one!)
-YHM Phantom Comp/Brake​

What I'm not sure about is if the Forearm comes with the requisite hardware (barrel nut, etc) to attach it to the upper. I know I'll need a gas tube, but I'm not sure what else... Has anyone bought a forearm from them and have experience with them? I'll call on Monday, but I want to get stuff on order before they are sold out...

Any other comments about the build as spec'd above? It will end up with either a Millet DMS or Super Sniper 10X scope... can't decide. Also can't decide (spend $$ on yet) a rear BUIS. Will probably be YHM.

Thanks,
Matt

duh... brain fart:

"All assemblies include: one jam nut, one barrel nut, one full length rail, one elevated 3" rail, and one forearm tube. "

I was looking at the kit description. Should have looked at the individual part descrition at the start...

Sounds like a neat build. As far as optics go, your selections are worlds apart, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the Millet - if for nothing else than versatility. I think if you're going strictly for long range tack driving, the SS is the way to go, but I think you'll find yourself removing the SS for short range plinking....As for rear BUIS, if you want to stick with YHM, they make a nice sight. If you want a really nice BUIS, PM me and you can sneak into the Troy buy. If you do some research, you'll find they come highly recommended by more people than just me....[wink]

Sounds like a neat build. As far as optics go, your selections are worlds apart, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the Millet - if for nothing else than versatility. I think if you're going strictly for long range tack driving, the SS is the way to go, but I think you'll find yourself removing the SS for short range plinking....As for rear BUIS, if you want to stick with YHM, they make a nice sight. If you want a really nice BUIS, PM me and you can sneak into the Troy buy. If you do some research, you'll find they come highly recommended by more people than just me....[wink]

You hit the nail squarely on the head with that! That is exactly why I'm going back and forth between the two extreems. I'm thinking I'll go SS since I do have a carbine AR as well for short range work.

BTW: your signature doesn't link to Troy!

BTW: your signature doesn't link to Troy!

I know - it links to Tony Lawrence, (Law483) who is one of the brains behind the Troy MCS. Tony is a stellar guy and makes some incredible M-14 stocks. He cooked up the MCS and Steve Troy with his pension for design, made it happen....If you want to see more Troy stuff go here:

www.troyind.com

Good choice with YHM, I just got my Specter upper in the mail last week from them, top notch stuff IMHO. You will be pleased I think.

Back
Top Bottom