• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yet another xmas thread

Hiltonizer

Banned
Mom wants a xmas list.. and there's no convincing her its not necessary.. I'm a 28 year old married man looking at 2nd houses and don't care for the whole concept... I can buy my own toys... but no matter what she'll drop a few hundo on a bunch of garbage so I might as well make it useful. I'm sure plenty of you have similar situations, self-reliant therefore hard to shop for. What's good for the xmas list? I'm struggling to come up with stuff to occupy a few hundred bucks that doesn't include parts from JP rifle.

I've been slacking on buying a decent belt, so maybe one of those amish double prongs... and maybe a cheapo dehydrator.

What's on your list?

oh yah, another thought would be for a decent EDC knife/multitool. I just haven't been able to find one.... I keep my current knife in my key pocket and its assisted open in case I need it in quickly in personal defense... if something else fits that mold that might have some additional function that'd be great as I prefer to travel light and prefer not to have a leatherman style tool in additional to that.

Just got a Aires Ranger belt for my birthday (35), and very happy to put it to good use. Ususally the inlaws get me ammo and something else usefull. Happy to recieve and even happier to get things I actually want and will use!

ask for a good bottle of booze that you can share with them when they visit. A vacume sealer is another thing that is great for marinating meats and food storage. A gift card to Home depot or Lowes..... you can always use things for home maintainence.

Mom wants a xmas list.. and there's no convincing her its not necessary.. I'm a 28 year old married man looking at 2nd houses and don't care for the whole concept... I can buy my own toys... but no matter what she'll drop a few hundo on a bunch of garbage so I might as well make it useful. I'm sure plenty of you have similar situations, self-reliant therefore hard to shop for. What's good for the xmas list? I'm struggling to come up with stuff to occupy a few hundred bucks that doesn't include parts from JP rifle.

I've been slacking on buying a decent belt, so maybe one of those amish double prongs... and maybe a cheapo dehydrator.

What's on your list?

I hear ya! I have been hounded for about 2 weeks now by people for my list, my husbands, and my son's. Really? You know what I want? To sit and talk and share good food and good drink. Call me once a month without asking why the heck I haven't called you in 7 days and without bitching about your job. Call me because you want to know how I'm doing, how the son is, how my husband is, whatever. Don't dump your crap on me and don't expect me to dump crap on you. Oh wait, is that called sharing? There is too much sharing. Not that I want a superficial conversation but if all you do is call to complain then maybe you should change something in your life!

Sorry, rant off.

ETA: peace on earth and goodwill toward man

Tools are always good. Be specific though. Anything from garden tools, to the latest, cordless, watchamacallit. What do you need/want?

Last edited:
I hear ya! I have been hounded for about 2 weeks now by people for my list, my husbands, and my son's. Really? You know what I want? To sit and talk and share good food and good drink. Call me once a month without asking why the heck I haven't called you in 7 days and without bitching about your job. Call me because you want to know how I'm doing, how the son is, how my husband is, whatever. Don't dump your crap on me and don't expect me to dump crap on you. Oh wait, is that called sharing? There is too much sharing. Not that I want a superficial conversation but if all you do is call to complain then maybe you should change something in your life!

Sorry, rant off.

ETA: peace on earth and goodwill toward man

^This

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom