• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Y'all won't believe this...pic up

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
After the Demise and Resurrection of Fahrvergnügen three weeks ago, I thought life was settling down again. I got my '55 Pontiac back last week, fresh off a two month, $3K overhaul. I was turning into a physical therapy appointment from the effects of the last accident prior to going to my first cruise night in the '55 when I was rear-ended by a large SUV. I wasn't knocked out, but was out of it for a while. I was transported to the hospital AGAIN, and a Cat-Scan AGAIN, and an x-ray on my right wrist. I escaped with whiplash, and a bruised right shoulder, elbow, and wrist.

I haven't actually seen the damage yet as I was still out of it while lying on the backboard (AGAIN), but the wife thinks its going to need a rear bumper and trunk lid.

I can't catch a break. There goes the weekend; no cruising, and no range trip with the Vetterli and trapdoor.

Pics to follow at some point.

T

Last edited:
Damn dude, do you play the lottery too?

Glad you're relatively okay (ie : not dead!) and hope you recover quickly.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are OK, and that the texting-woman that hit you is insured. [smile]

But seriously, I hope you are OK and your car get's properly fixed on their dime.

Dam, you need a witch doctor someone has done some bad voodoo shit on you. Good thing your ok.I would take up walking for awhile if I was you.

Sorry about your misfortune. My wife always says that such things run in threes. I hope that is not true in your situation, but taking up skydiving would probably be a bad decision at this point :)
Jim

This happened right across the street from the Doctor's office where my wife is practice manager. He was one of the first on the scene, stabilizing my neck.

Oh, the humanity...

T

oh that picture makes me so sad! Glad you're ok though. I wonder what the other car looked like? Must have been moving to do that much damage to something that solid!

Lol at the people suggesting to ambulance chase this. Ye ale sure anything medical is covered as needed, but that isn't ambulance chasing. Chasing is far worse and far from honest.

That truly sucks. I have an older car and it always amazes me how close people drive to me when I'm in it. Bumpers and deck lids aren't down the street sitting on shelves.

Wish you and the 55 a speedy recovery.

You may want ro drive faster.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Back
Top Bottom