• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

xd pistols

hey guys...new to the forum here...im a glock owner, have a 19, 23, and 29 and was looking at the xd line of pistols cuz i found a few for sale here in MA...are they any good? ive read theyre very similar to the glock and reliable but also heard the finish strips off of them easily...i take extremely good care of my guns and dont know if i could deal with this...any suggestions/comments from owners?

Welcome to the forum. I haven't shot one yet, but they do look pretty nice! From what I hear, those who have them, love em' dearly.

Adam

Welcome!

I haven't had my XD long enough to know about finish wear, but it is a very accurate pistol. Reliability for the first few hundred rounds has been 100%, I'll be able to report more as time goes on. I'll probably add it to the rotation for an IDPA match this year and see what I think.

The only con I've noticed is the trigger reset, it's pretty long. Other than that I'm very happy with it.

BTW: I have an XD-9 Service.

CD

I've owned several and the XD 40 is my main carry gun. Nothing bad to say about it. Far better ergonomics than Glock and equal reliability.

Treat the finish like a blued gun.. meaning wipe your prints off it and it will last a lifetime.

That being said, the new 45 acp has a Melonite finish that wont rust. I expect all XDs will have the Melonite at some point soon.

- - -
www.armedresponsebook.com

I'm relatively new to pistol shooting and at the end of the basic pistol course I took we had the opportunity to check out about 30 different handguns from .38 snubbies to .45ACP 1911s. I fired a lot of them to get a feel for what type of pistol I'd choose to buy and one I fired was a 9mm service model XD. Even as a relatively new pistol shooter I was able to shoot a significantly tighter group with the XD than any other of the other pistols I shot. The gun was comfortable and extremely accurate. An XD is now on my wish list.

hi bloodhound
i have had over 20 glocks in the past 3 years 17-19-20-21-22-23-24-29-30-36 all are very nice. i pick up a xd in febuary and i have shoot it 2 times.
and i think the xd is a better gun . but i will give it a good workout sunday
i hope to put 200-300 round though it on sunday am .will keep you posted
howie

if any one has a 9mm xd tac 5in for sale please email

For those that don't know Howie very well, be advised that Howie is a "trade-aholic"! [laugh2]

He can't hold onto a gun for very long before he decides to trade it for something else! Always on the prowl for nirvana! [wink] [wave]

xd

hi len

you make that sound like a bad thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way the range is open at tyngsboro and we will be there if you have time .
howie

Howie,

Not a bad thing at all. But if your Father charged you for all the transfers he does for you, you'd be bankrupt and he'd own a yacht! [smile] [wink]

Good to hear that Tyngsboro is back open, there wasn't much of a freeze this year . . . at least not up to now. [grin]

Look forward to getting up there again and seeing you guys.

xd

hi guys
i toke the xd to the range today and put 300 round of blazer brass though . i like it better than a glock.but i still like all my 1911's better ( i have 7 of them)
so i think i might trade it ? yes len i know
howie

howie said:
hi guys
i toke the xd to the range today and put 300 round of blazer brass though . i like it better than a glock.but i still like all my 1911's better ( i have 7 of them)
so i think i might trade it ? yes len i know
howie

I rest my case! [rofl] [laugh2] [rofl2]

xd

len
it just thrill of the chase!!!!!!!!!!!! and by the way not all of the transfer are free.. but it the price you pay to have new stuff all the time. does anybody have a 1911 or hk usp in
9mm or 45 the want to trade for the xd
howie

Last edited:
Howie,

I hear that there is a job opening at CHSB! The job spec said that they need an additional person just to scan in all the transactions for someone with the initials H.G.! [laugh2] [rofl]

How does it feel to be famous? [devil] [rockon]

Back
Top Bottom