WTK- Pre Ban Daewoo K2 folder

Redbos99

Banned
Hi,

I have a friend who has one of these for sale and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them. I have read that they are great and reliable, but I would like some "real world" information.

Also, I hear that they except and AR15/M16 mag, drum, etc......

Please give me some great NES knowledge here!

Thanks,

Will

DAEWOO
Good rifles, sort of a cross between an M-16, AK, & FNFAL. The ROK Marines used them when I was in Korea. It is a very well built reliable rifle. It would make a great SHTF rifle, use only as last resort. Now for the good news / bad news. You can use AR-15 / M-16 mags. Parts may be a problem if it is shot alot...you'd have a hell of a time getting a replacement bolt. Use the lack of spare parts to drive the price down as it could be a show stopper.
Hope this helps.
smitty

I wouldn't worry too much about spare parts. I came across a website not long ago that caters almost exclusively to the Daewoo rifles. One other semi negative thing is if you reload they are known for denting the brass so this could be a turn off for some. If I can remember the website I'll try to post it.

Edit: Here it is. http://www.daewoorifleparts.com/

Last edited:
Thats a great part web site. I think I am going to buy it, it is in MA and has had 60 rds fired........... I have a ton of AR mags and I dont plan on shooting this oner a lot, so I think I am good to go! Thanks all for the help!

I have a K2, A DR300 - and a DR200 on the way.

The Daewoo's are great rifles. There is a Daewoo forums on the FalFiles site - and the guys there all claim their Daewoo's are VERY reliable - and accurate. Boston - in Boston's Gun bible, gave high marks to the Daewoo (picked it over the AR-15) - as a SHTF rifle.

If you want accessories for (like a picatinny rail to mount optics on) - check out Stormwerkz:

http://www.stormwerkz.com/

As far as I now they are completely compatible with AR magazines. The Koreans designed them like that on purpose because the US is such a close ally. I am not sure about the K2's - but the DR200 and DR300 will accept AR trigger parts. The Daewoorifleparts site is the best place to search for replacement parts. There is always a decent amount of stuff up on Gunbroker too.

If you decide you don't want it - let me know. I might be interested.......

Back
Top Bottom