WTK- Glock Refurb Glock Experts Needed!

Redbos99

Banned
Hi All,

I own several Glocks but have a refurb question. Picking up a G19 that I want to have refurbed. I have sent in others for a refurb and they came out great.

Here are my questions.

1. Does Glock refurb magazines??? got a bunch of prebans....
2. I know the standard refurb they do the slide and internals, also wondering about new Glock Night Sites as well as touching up the frame from holster wear? Do they do that?

Thanks for all the help.

Will

Hi All,

I own several Glocks but have a refurb question. Picking up a G19 that I want to have refurbed. I have sent in others for a refurb and they came out great.

Here are my questions.

2. I know the standard refurb they do the slide and internals, also wondering about new Glock Night Sites as well as touching up the frame from holster wear? Do they do that?

Thanks for all the help.

Will

Yes, on the mags. I sent them a bunch a couple of years ago, no charge.

Give them a call, they will hook you up on the other stuff.

Also, if you have less than a 10 lb trigger be sure to tell them you don't want it service because if the are sending back to Mass they will put a 10 lb trigger in there. It happened to me not too sure what they were worried about there but it was easy enough to swap back. For the mags I believe they swap out the spring and follower.

Also, if you have less than a 10 lb trigger be sure to tell them you don't want it service because if the are sending back to Mass they will put a 10 lb trigger in there. It happened to me not too sure what they were worried about there but it was easy enough to swap back.

Never heard of this. Did you send them one of the rare MA guns from the 2004 period? All the 5 pounders I sent down there they left as 5 pounders and never changed it.

-Mike

Also, if you have less than a 10 lb trigger be sure to tell them you don't want it service because if the are sending back to Mass they will put a 10 lb trigger in there. It happened to me not too sure what they were worried about there but it was easy enough to swap back. For the mags I believe they swap out the spring and follower.

Never heard of this. Did you send them one of the rare MA guns from the 2004 period? All the 5 pounders I sent down there they left as 5 pounders and never changed it.

-Mike

I thnk he's wrong. I've sent around 10 Glocks to get repairs or refurbs and not one persons trigger has been changed so far. My G34 (with a 3.5 lbs trigger) is currently being serviced by Glock, and I am not worried one bit about them throwing a heavy trigger in it.

Hi All,

Here are my questions.

Thanks for all the help.

Will

They will do the glock nite sites, for a fee of course, but they really cant do much with and scratches or dings on the frame. Call tec services and ask for fred, he is very helpful.

I had an old Gen2 17 refurbed years ago. I think I remember Glock telling me they dissasemble the frame & tumble it with some special media that cleans & polishes it.
I've never heard of glock sending back units with stock trigger pulls but I wouln't be suprised. Glock had a less than perfect & constantly changing relationship with MA.
As far as the May.2004 issue goes. Maby the issue has subsided because of all the Gen3's now in the state. Maby Glock has given up, but I've heard some stories of people in the past not getting their frames back.
I would do some research before sending one of those models down there.

I don't believe my 26 is an '04.

Dench not sure how I could be wrong. I got my sheet back from Glock stating that they replaced just about every thing in the gun. I noticed the pull was alot stiffer went to the shop and they said I had a 10 lb trigger.

As of last year, night sight prices were:

$57.00 for Glock brand (steel, I have them, I heard they are made by Meprolight and they are very nice).
$74.00 for Trijicon

You will pay shipping to GLOCK... and you are required to ship it UPS or Fedex Overnight (unless you know an FFL who will do it for you). You will pay about $50 - $60.

You will receive a pistol with all new internal parts (and new night sights if you include a check), shipped back to you on THEIR dime. The company's customer service is excellent.

I have sent 3 pistols to them in the last 2 years, and all left and came back with stock ~5.5lb triggers. I don't know where this 10lb. nonsense came from. And yes, I live in MA.

Call them @ 770-432-1202 and ask for tech support. They guys are very nice and will answer all your questions.

I don't believe my 26 is an '04.

Dench not sure how I could be wrong. I got my sheet back from Glock stating that they replaced just about every thing in the gun. I noticed the pull was alot stiffer went to the shop and they said I had a 10 lb trigger.

Well how, i dont know what to say. Either Glock doesnt like you, you indicated that you wanted that trigger or Glock was under the assumption that you wanted it. I just got my Glock 34 back from factory from repairs and it didnt have a different trigger installed on it. My G34 was made in 2008, also.

I've never seen, or heard of up till now that glock is swapping out parts in peoples glocks to alter the original operation. If i were you i'd call them and ask them why they thought it would be a good idea to mess with your tigger.

either way, bring the glock down to my shop and ill put whatever weight you want into it.

Well how, i dont know what to say. Either Glock doesnt like you, you indicated that you wanted that trigger or Glock was under the assumption that you wanted it. I just got my Glock 34 back from factory from repairs and it didnt have a different trigger installed on it. My G34 was made in 2008, also.

I've never seen, or heard of up till now that glock is swapping out parts in peoples glocks to alter the original operation. If i were you i'd call them and ask them why they thought it would be a good idea to mess with your tigger.

Your G34 is a target/competition pistol & comes stock with a 3.5lb connector. So in a refurb it would'nt be changed. It's possible the G26 came back altered for any number of reasons. It's a carry piece that typically has a stiff trigger. Glock replaces just about every little part when they get rebuilt. It could have been human error or it could be that Glock is scared shitless of Ma. & for liability reasons don't want to take any chances.

Your G34 is a target/competition pistol & comes stock with a 3.5lb connector. So in a refurb it would'nt be changed. It's possible the G26 came back altered for any number of reasons. It's a carry piece that typically has a stiff trigger. Glock replaces just about every little part when they get rebuilt. It could have been human error or it could be that Glock is scared shitless of Ma. & for liability reasons don't want to take any chances.

Again, neither Dench or myself have ever seen a 10 pound trigger come back from the factory. (And Dench sends them down there all the time.... )

The reason I asked if the gun was a "2004 window gun" was that Glock may have looked up the SN and returned it to the configuration it left the factory in, if it was indeed one of those limited run 10 pound trigger guns. (And even this is a stretch... ).

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom