WTH? How do i know if it is real or fake?

look at this link and tell me for a new eotech users how do you know if it is real or fake ?http://airsoft-barracks.com/oldasb/page.php?68
Real eotech
http://commojeep.com/images/eotech.htm
Sometime i just hate people who is trying to make bad quality stuff to get money out of people. Especially Chinese they can copy anything then sell it for cheap... X(
The only thing i can find by the sentence for law enforcement military use.
As you can see the fake one is bit higher and it has bigger spacing between each word. But the real one is lower and smaller spacing between each word.

Last edited:
Hint: If you are buying it from "some guy at a gun show" selling cheap optics, and the products come in white boxes, and the price is way lower than it should be...... (eg too good to be true) it's probably fake. [laugh]

-Mike

I think the "for airsoft use only" stamped on the bottom would be a clue....

Hint: If you are buying it from "some guy at a gun show" selling cheap optics, and the products come in white boxes, and the price is way lower than it should be...... (eg too good to be true) it's probably fake. [laugh]

-Mike

smart man here, here that for everything these days.

given the ordinance you've been posting for sale here, what's so difficult about figuring out if an optic is real or not? i figure someone who'll toss up a 40mm M203 round after having navigated all of the legal highways and byways involved with the private sale of a class III items on the internet ought to be savvy enough to discern the authenticity and value of something as simple, and inert, as a non-parallax optical auto-focusing optic.

That did it..

It's go time!!!!!!

Are you serious ?

Wait..

Huh ?

given the ordinance you've been posting for sale here, what's so difficult about figuring out if an optic is real or not? i figure someone who'll toss up a 40mm M203 round after having navigated all of the legal highways and byways involved with the private sale of a class III items on the internet ought to be savvy enough to discern the authenticity and value of something as simple, and inert, as a non-parallax optical auto-focusing optic.

[laugh2][laugh] Timber being Timber.

I am know if they are fake or not but i am just making sure the new guys know and find threads like this one to help them out. But someone you will be shocked that the scope you think 100% real but end up it wasn't. Because eotech is so popular so the chinese would like to make some money on that too.

I am know if they are fake or not but i am just making sure the new guys know and find threads like this one to help them out. But someone you will be shocked that the scope you think 100% real but end up it wasn't. Because eotech is so popular so the chinese would like to make some money on that too.

Agreed.

It's certain that the Chinese expect some folks to be fooled, or they wouldn't have printed 'Eotech' on the side of the unit.

I think there are a lot of newbies to shooting who hear not much more than 'get an Eotech...they're the best' and go out shopping. They may not have any idea what they should sell for or what to look for, other than the brand name. Sure, the buyer should be aware, but that's not how it often is.

Counterfeits should be stopped by customs. BTW, how does an item like this move from a warehouse in China, directly to a U.S. address in FOUR days? WHERE IS customs?

What else is being shipped directly from God-knows-where overseas to U.S. residential addresses? Is ANYONE THERE, in homeland security?

It happens with Leupold too.. you see a lot of knock offs on ebay and other places.. It really sucks to hear people getting scammed like that. I always tell people to do your research on anything you buy and if the price is to good to be true, then it is a fake.

here is the fake one. with eotech printed on it. Beware.
f204_12.jpg

ef4a_12.jpg

P1120672.jpg

Last edited:

Good to see you back

Note: the above item is made in china ,its not a genuine EOtech .

I hear that Vietnam is making a lot of counterfeit items these days as well. The Chinese counterfeits are getting too expensive, so they need to look towards a country that is worse off than theirs economically.[wink]

Last edited:
2 things on that ebay post, 1 coming from Canada and 2 the green setting. most sellers on ebay state that their items are knock offs. i got a kac quad rail that was a knock off and other than a mis-spelling inside i can not tell the difference.

Holly shit. people looks at this. If this seller didn't post the picture of the green sight i will never know this is a fake eotech scope.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120520062428&_trksid=p2759.l1259
Damn chinese copy cat people, i started to hate them.

The Ebay listing says "Note: the above item is made in china ,its not a genuine EOtech ", so the seller's *ss is covered. But the bold title line calls is "EOTech HOLOgraphic Weapon Sights 551.A68 Red Dot scope". Bastard.

55_grain

Back
Top Bottom