WTB Giraud Case Trimmer

Fixxah

NES Member
But I don't want to wait until March for it. If anybody has one and wants to part with it, let me know. I'll pay price of new one plus shipping. Need it for .223 and .30-06. Doug Giraud is away until the 20th of January.

John...i have a Giraud with .223, .308 (and right after xmas sometime) .30-06 collets. You're welcome to use it...but I ....like most with them....put it through fairly heavy usage lol. Cant really be without it now that I'm used to it.

John,

Borrow mine for the .223. Seriously, it's yours for the asking. Glad to help out one of the good guys here on NES.

Cheers,

Rich

I have a tear in my eye. LOL

Thanks guys, I may just take you up on the offer.

Merry Christmas!

don't waste your time.

If you want a Giraud, get a Giraud. a Gracey can't do the job as well (even with the 3way cutter blade upgrade, it's a *light* duty machine). the 3 people i know who had graceys all sold them and bought one of dougs machines.

Anyone tried a Gracey?

I have a Gracey. I think it's a bit messier than the Giraud trimmers, and setup is definitely fussier, but for somebody (which is to say me) who's leaving it set up to prep moderate amounts of .223 it's the bee's knees.

Jasper, could you expand on "*light* duty"? Is that a commentary on the undersized motor or something else? (If so, I wonder if this is a bigger problem for .30 shooters.)

I have a Gracey. I think it's a bit messier than the Giraud trimmers, and setup is definitely fussier, but for somebody (which is to say me) who's leaving it set up to prep moderate amounts of .223 it's the bee's knees.

Jasper, could you expand on "*light* duty"? Is that a commentary on the undersized motor or something else? (If so, I wonder if this is a bigger problem for .30 shooters.)

hard to explain. yes, the motor is underpowered for larger cases (or heavy trimming), and its considerably messier. the giraud is considerably more "fluid" i guess is the word. I made my choice after seeing them side by side (a buddy of mine bought a giraud before he had sold his gracey).

I'm holding out for the Giraud.
Good things come to those who wait but patience is not my strong suit.
Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Back
Top Bottom