• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTB #7-1/2 SHOT

240Geezer

NES Member
I have a friend looking to by #7-1/2 shot for trap shooting. He reloads 20ga. Says he's having trouble finding it at non ass-rape prices, if at all.
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Plenty of shot out there, you just have to pay.
Whats the savings for loading trap loads these days.
Just called my trap friend
They just went in on a 3000lb recycled lead shot group by.
$1.50lb shipped from RotoMetals
Split it 5 ways
Last I seen #25 bags they where $80/#25 magnum shot.
I cant see any savings reloading target loads right now.?

Last edited:
Sorry Mac my bad. I didn't check back on this.
Not for me. A buddy was complaining he couldn't find any and when he did it was $90 for 25#.
He reloads it.
He's shooting trap/skeet/ clays 2 or 3 times a week.
I haven't looked at the numbers on reloading it.

I saw bags of shot at Bullseye in Woonsocket today. Didn't pay attention to the size or price. Worth a call..

I've got about 1/2 a gallon jug of #9 lead shot.. not sure of weight. would gladly trade for larger shot preferably buckshot..

I saw bags of shot at Bullseye in Woonsocket today. Didn't pay attention to the size or price. Worth a call..

I've got about 1/2 a gallon jug of #9 lead shot.. not sure of weight. would gladly trade for larger shot preferably buckshot..
Not for me.
Also from So.NH so I get to Woonsocket like never.
Thank you anyway.

Another vendor has some for $70 per 22 pounds shipped. But there’s a coupon code for discounted shipping if you buy 50lb or more. I’ll shoot you a PM

Als in derry MH was thevgo to spot for shotgun reloading supplies back when I was actively loading , when shot crept up to $1lb I stocked up pretty deep and then bought a shot maker.
Seemed worth it at the time, was shooting 5k plus rounds a year.
Then of course for a while shot and ammo prices came down and it was cheaper to just buy target loads in the 4 packs or stock uo by the case.
Only gain I see in reloading shot gun is loading sub gauges or something not easy to get.

Only other thing to do is get a few guys together and by several thousand pounds

Als in derry MH was thevgo to spot for shotgun reloading supplies back when I was actively loading , when shot crept up to $1lb I stocked up pretty deep and then bought a shot maker.
Seemed worth it at the time, was shooting 5k plus rounds a year.
Then of course for a while shot and ammo prices came down and it was cheaper to just buy target loads in the 4 packs or stock uo by the case.
Only gain I see in reloading shot gun is loading sub gauges or something not easy to get.

Only other thing to do is get a few guys together and by several thousand pounds
Still got the shot maker?

Back
Top Bottom