wrong birthplace on ltc

Hey guys my wife just got her ltc last Saturday and noticed that it has the wrong birthplace on it. Would she still be able to purchase a firearm or would that have to be fixed first.

I doubt it would get noticed but she should get it fixed. As you probably know, when you purchase a firearm you fill out a Federal form and it asks your place of birth. I'm not sure if that gets verified on the spot with the LTC and what's in the state database but in theory they should match. Whatever you do, don't lie to match what's on the LTC.

Don't worry about it...that's where obama was born, and he became president...shouldn't hold you up purchasing a firearm...actually might go through faster. [wink]

Actually, this:

I doubt it would get noticed but she should get it fixed. As you probably know, when you purchase a firearm you fill out a Federal form and it asks your place of birth. I'm not sure if that gets verified on the spot with the LTC and what's in the state database but in theory they should match. Whatever you do, don't lie to match what's on the LTC.

I'd call FRB tell them what happened and ask how they want you to proceed. My guess is they will tell you to go to PD to have it fixed in MIRCS. If so, call PD and TELL THEM that FRB told you to do it that way!

Thanks for all the help guys and the wife just called the LO and she said its fine she's going to report it to frb to get it fixed but the ltc is active and can still be used to purchase her first gun.

I had a similar issue with mine. My address lists the wrong street address. Talked to my LO right after I got it and she said she would fix it in the computer. They don't issue a new one to you so you are kind of stuck with it until renewal. I make a point of putting in the correct address whenever I purchase anything so I show a history of using the right address.... Puts the onus on the PD for the paperwork foul up.

I know this one comrade who was born in USSR, so every time he buys a firearm he has to creatively make up some birthplace because the young agents on the phone have no idea what that country was and have no way to verify it. I'm pretty positive it's an "optional" field.

Back
Top Bottom