Writing Letter to the Chief for FID

I just scheduled an appointment to apply for an FID tomorrow at 6 PM.I was told I would need a letter to the chief explaining why I want an FID.Do I go into this with long winded legalese or can I just say "Dear Cheif,I wanna hunt and I wanna target shoot."? Never really be a great writer when it comes to asking for something.

You misunderstood the chief; the chief misunderstood you or the chief is deluded about his (utter lack of) discretionary authority in issuing an mere FID card.

NO "letter' is required.

NO references are even required.

And if he says otherwise, he is certainly a fool and probably a liar.

I didn't talk to the chief,I talked to whoever was on phone duty.They said come in at 6 tomorrow with proof you passed hunter ed,and a letter to the chief.I'll just write it because I don't feel like pissing a cop off.

I didn't talk to the chief,I talked to whoever was on phone duty.They said come in at 6 tomorrow with proof you passed hunter ed,and a letter to the chief.I'll just write it because I don't feel like pissing a cop off.

write it, but remind them as you hand it over that you do not have to submit one.

"Deer(yes I know I spelled it like the animal) Chef (yes I know I said chef; not Chief),

I want to hunt deer.

Thank you,
Your name (spell it wrong)"

Wow, 6PM, not 6AM. In Marlborough he wanted me there at 6:30AM.

By giving in to his unconstitutional demands you are only further acting to give these chiefs power to infringe on our rights. I say take a stand and do what's right by the law. As I always say, think of what would have happened if our founding fathers hadn't taken a stand and fought against their oppressors (system). If you take a look at the original constitution and gov't setup, checks and balances were purposely placed on the gov't structure to prevent the gov't from oppressing the people like the Britians did to us.

You might get some flak for it, but you'll at least know that you are doing more than 95% of the sheeple are out there who would rather simply give in under pressure and just go about their ignorant lives.

Last edited:
Dear Chief,

Please accept my application for an FID card. An FID card is required so that I may purchase and possess rifles and shotguns for hunting, target, and other lawful purposes.

Yours truly,

Jethro Bodine

By giving in to his unconstitutional demands you are only further acting to give these chiefs power to infringe on our rights. I say take a stand and do what's right by the law. As I always say, think of what would have happened if our founding fathers hadn't taken a stand and fought against their oppressors (system).

IF - again, IF - you didn't botch your application, I would be happy to write the chief a letter asking him what part of "shall issue" he cannot comprehend.

NO CHARGE.

IF - again, IF - you didn't botch your application, I would be happy to write the chief a letter asking him what part of "shall issue" he cannot comprehend.

NO CHARGE.

[rockon]

Take him up on this offer; you'll never see another like it. Can I sell tickets? [smile]

NO CHARGE.
Woa [shocked], you don't get an offer like that everyday (or ever [laugh]). You better do it or we'll have to kick you out of the club [wink]

Last edited:
Do NOT write the letter - he can't do squat to you for not writing it. The drone who answered the phone doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

Here's a good one: "Dear Chief, May I recommend that you read the MGLs again, and have your personnel read them too? Love, Bando_Red."

NO CHARGE.
Oh, I would take Scrivener up on this - it'd be worth paying for it just to watch the look on the chief's face when he reads it.

Seriously... do NOT give in to this petty tyranny.

Bando Red, Here's one more voice telling you that if you submit any letter, let it be Scrivener's. In other words, take the time to fill out the application correctly as he indicated, and then take him up on his very generous offer. You really won't see another like it often in your life.

Regards,

R. Duke

I'm almost 100% sure that this whole thing is just a miscommunication between the officer and Bando_Red. i think the guy on the phone assumed LTC, since many people say FID when they mean LTC.

I'm almost 100% sure that this whole thing is just a miscommunication between the officer and Bando_Red. i think the guy on the phone assumed LTC, since many people say FID when they mean LTC.

Really?

Been attending those AHSA meetings undercover, have you? [wink]

I've noticed that a lot of people do use "FID" when they mean LTC, or when LTC would otherwise be acceptable.

Whatever you decide to do, don't be an ass to the chief. If you do decide to get your LTC in a few years, remember he has final say over it and you'll only give him another reason to deny/restrict you.

Back
Top Bottom