WPRC IDPA match December 12th 2009

I typically takes one to two days to get the info entered. PM me with your emails and i can forward the match results to anyone that needs them

pdogg77 I'll take a Lagloria Cubana series R Because I beat you like a rented mule... Now Chopper. um.... what kind of cigar would you like sir?

pdogg77 I'll take a Lagloria Cubana series R Because I beat you like a rented mule... Now Chopper. um.... what kind of cigar would you like sir?

I did shoot less points down than you (you should use those bumps on the top of your gun that you were telling me about)... so if by "beat me like a rented mule" you mean you rigged the popper on stage 3, gave me procedurals and added to my times here and there before you called them out... that would explain it [smile]

Oh thats right.. You couldn't knock down a popper... lol [smile] its ok I'll just take the one cigar not the 2 that you owe me....lol Not that it matters..

I did shoot less points down than you (you should use those bumps on the top of your gun that you were telling me about)... so if by "beat me like a rented mule" you mean you rigged the popper on stage 3, gave me procedurals and added to my times here and there before you called them out... that would explain it [smile]

I gotta say this is a really funny screenshot of Glocky's video

Cowboy 1 pulling Cowboy Valet in a metal cart while Rice Patty takes pics of the match director

162a4no.jpg

I've always wondered what the short backstory is for stages where you pull a rope to start a swinger was.

"You take a shortcut through an alley, when you find a rope attached to a swinger...."

I've always wondered what the short backstory is for stages where you pull a rope to start a swinger was.

"You take a shortcut through an alley, when you find a rope attached to a swinger...."

"You take a shortcut through an alley when your girlfriend asks you to 'pull her finger'. As you do so, all hell breaks loose and people start swinging left and right to avoid the odor."

Is this a serious comment? If it is- I'd suggest to you that IDPA is a game and only a game. If you aren't serious then I'd defer to Underwhere's stage definitions. Sometimes it's difficult to make stages challenging without some kind of activtors.

Is this a serious comment? If it is- I'd suggest to you that IDPA is a game and only a game. If you aren't serious then I'd defer to Underwhere's stage definitions. Sometimes it's difficult to make stages challenging without some kind of activtors.

I'm serious in that I have actually wondered what the backstory was on these stages, but it was a joke. No need to take it as a criticism. Some of the descriptions I've seen of stages are interesting, funny, or entertaining, and I enjoy being entertained.

Last edited:
I don't have everyones email so if you could give some thoughts about the stages or the entire match in general I would appreciate it. Good or bad I could use the info for future planning of my matches.

This was my first IDPA match so I do not have much input in terms of difficulty or the fun factor of the stages (although I enjoyed them all). My only comment is about the paper targets on Stage 1. With the minimum requirement of 4 shots per target they were pretty well chewed up by the time my team (2) got to shoot that stage. The stickers seemed to be the only thing holding them together. I would have liked to have had those targets replaced at some point in the day.

Other than that I was happy with the course.

I'm serious in that I have actually wondered what the backstory was on these stages, but it was a joke. No need to take it as a criticism. Some of the descriptions I've seen of stages are interesting, funny, or entertaining, and I enjoy being entertained.

Yeah- sometimes they are strange and sometimes quite goophy. I can just see how the media would portray us if they read those things. [rolleyes]

This was my first IDPA match so I do not have much input in terms of difficulty or the fun factor of the stages (although I enjoyed them all). My only comment is about the paper targets on Stage 1. With the minimum requirement of 4 shots per target they were pretty well chewed up by the time my team (2) got to shoot that stage. The stickers seemed to be the only thing holding them together. I would have liked to have had those targets replaced at some point in the day.

Other than that I was happy with the course.

Good point. Per IDPA rules targets should be changed every 30ish holes. And that sucker had a few more than that. The problem with that stage is that the targets had "painted hard cover" on them. So we didn't have another exact replacement available and we will/should in the future. Another thing we could of done is to cut off the shot up section of the target and backed it with a new one. We where the last squad to shoot that stage so I held off on changing them. [wink]

Good point. Per IDPA rules targets should be changed every 30ish holes. And that sucker had a few more than that. The problem with that stage is that the targets had "painted hard cover" on them. So we didn't have another exact replacement available and we will/should in the future. Another thing we could of done is to cut off the shot up section of the target and backed it with a new one. We where the last squad to shoot that stage so I held off on changing them. [wink]

Technically the rules say 50 for sanctioned matches. At club matches it's discretionary but in cases where it's difficult to score they should be changed. At club matches it's not always a common practice to swap out at 50 shots- costs, man power and time are a big consideration... this is in general (for other action shooting sports as well)- as I'm not part of the WPRC core crew. Here is the rulebook info:

"Extensively pasted targets should be replaced. At a major match,
targets should be replaced often to prevent any scoring
discrepancies. IDPA policy at sanctioned matches is that the target
should be replaced every fifty (50) hits maximum."

Back
Top Bottom