• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WPRC IDPA match December 12th 2009

the match typically finishes up between 1 and two, lunch is all on you but there will be coffee, donuts, and mabey some other stuff in the mourning. Ive seen you shoot big red and i think you'll do fine with the precision shots.

Last edited:
I would like to thank all my SO's for helping run such a smooth match, and to all the shooters for helping with the set-up and takedown. This was my first match as MD and you all made it incredibly easy for me. I hope everyone had fun today (I know I did). Thanks to all again.

Another great match at WPRC. Thanks to all the SO's and great job as MD Patrick! The weather was great. I was doing great carrying a barrel and doing my best king kong impression until I slipped on the ice and went down in the parking lot.

Thanks to WPRC, MD, SO's and all those who shot today for making my first IDPA match a fun and safe affair. I had a blast [wink] and I plan on coming back for the next match.

Kudos to those responsible for coming up with the stages. The scenarios and setups were great.

Last edited:
I dont have everyones email so if you could give some thoughts about the stages or the entire match in general I would appreciate it. Good or bad I could use the info for future planning of my matches. If you wish to email me your thoughts feel free.
[email protected]

I dont have everyones email so if you could give some thoughts about the stages or the entire match in general I would appreciate it. Good or bad I could use the info for future planning of my matches. If you wish to email me your thoughts feel free.
[email protected]

I really enjoyed the match at WRPC today. You've got a great bunch of guys there.

I've set up and run a few IDPA type shoots at my hometown shooting range (Springfield Sportsmans Club) and on several of the last ones, used t-shirts and hats on the cardboard targets. It obscures the scoring zones and makes you just shoot for high center of chest. Lots of fun. You can even cut the shirts down the sides to make it easier to lift up for scoring and taping.

WPRC IDPA 2009 season is over and I would like to thank all who shot with us this year. While I don't always remember all you names (many senior moments) you are a great bunch of guys and gals and I hope to see you all again next year. Also thanks to the IDPA TEAM, Glocky, Mike-Mike, John (are the scores up yet), Bill, our co-founder Jay, and my co-chair Negotiator. Great job guys! Jar, Dave, Will,Jon, and Joe are also always stepping up to the plate to SO for us. Many more help with set-up and tear-down. Thank you everyone, and now....2010, See you in January.

Peter

Thanks for the video mike, I didn't even know your were filming

No problem. I was a little more subtle than the De/Hanwei with the camera work [wink].

Actually the 10x optical zoom makes it better if I stand way off to the side. It's easier to get action shots rather than the back of the shooter and SO's heads that way.

Great job as MD!

Great match today! Thanks to Patrick and all of the SO's. I had a great time [smile]

Here are the pics! [cheers]

A few were taken by De too...

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4943.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_5000.jpg

IMG_5001.jpg

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5113.jpg

IMG_5119.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

This one is my favorite. I wish my finger was a little faster getting away from the trigger and to the slide though. [thinking]

That's the great thing about these pics and videos.... they show us what we might not otherwise notice about things we do well and things we need to improve on [grin]

But to be honest... the angle of that photo doesn't show it... but I believe your trigger finger was well outside of the trigger guard at that moment.... even if it's not straightened out along the slide/frame.

Great vids! Thank you for taping us!

No problem. I forgot that I replaced the hard drive in my laptop recently and hadn't re-installed the video editing software. For some reason I couldn't get the titles working so I just concatenated the clips without any trimming or titling.

Congrats on beating your brother [wink] You still would have beat him even if that steel fell for him.

there is a great pic that you have that shows the slide half back and if you look really close you can see the round flying, absolutely incredible

Great match Glocky... Nice mix of stages and very smooth thanks to you and the SOs!

Mike-Mike:

I now owe you two cigars. I would like to note the time on stage 3 was the difference [grin] I blame my loss on the lead free, baby safe, cat fart ammo that wouldn't put down that steel. [grin]

You were 16 seconds ahead. If the steel fell you'd still be 11 seconds ahead.

My favorite pic.

Nick likes to spread his legs real wide.

IMG_4730.jpg

Thanks for taking that gratuitous shot of my ass there De [smile]

Scores are up... thanks eisenhow for filming and Hanwei/De for pics... I've already watched my vid about 10 times this morning and have a list of things to work on at the range [smile]

Oh, and Jeff - you have a kickass coat. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom