WOW! 22 hours with no gunshots in Chicago!

Did the number of stabbings go up?? Hit and run?? Or did someone have an epic kegger and all the bangers are drunk out of their minds??

Nah that's just how long between people getting HIT by gunfire. I guarantee you there were at least two drive-by shootings where the only victims were walls or windows within that 22-hour period.

edit:
CHICAGO — No one was shot in Chicago for more than 22 hours Friday, police said. From 12:35 a.m. to shortly after 10:55 p.m., shootings citywide did not result in any reported deaths or injuries.

^^ yep. shootingS. plural. during the interval, had no reported deaths or injuries. Doesn't mean nobody was shot at.

22 hours with no one hit you mean. Law of averages tells us when you hold a gun sideways, over your head and push the gun forward as you pull the trigger while simultaneously tugging on your crotch this was bound to happen.

Not quite.
Several years ago Chicago celebrated a single day when nobody got shot.
Rahm and the police chief gave a press conference and they were all patting each other on the back.
IIRC, it was on a really cold and snowy Winter day too, the gangbangers all decided to take the day off and stay home.

Not quite.
Several years ago Chicago celebrated a single day when nobody got shot.
Rahm and the police chief gave a press conference and they were all patting each other on the back.
IIRC, it was on a really cold and snowy Winter day too, the gangbangers all decided to take the day off and stay home.
My town hasn't had anyone shot in years and years and we have Constitutional carry here. Seems counter intuitive, does it not?

Nah that's just how long between people getting HIT by gunfire. I guarantee you there were at least two drive-by shootings where the only victims were walls or windows within that 22-hour period.

edit:

^^ yep. shootingS. plural. during the interval, had no reported deaths or injuries. Doesn't mean nobody was shot at.
No REPORTED injuries or death... Doesn't mean none happened, they just didn't get reported...

I’m in Chicago now, at the McCormick convention center at a medical meeting. Red circle-slash No Guns signs on all entry doors. Over the course of 3 days I’ve seem armed security twice, on break having coffee. Pairs of guys with hard body armor and pistols. I feel totally safe...

Back
Top Bottom