• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worried about my new Sig P250C .40

I picked up my NIB Sig P250C .40 yesterday and couldn't wait to get to the range today. I cleaned and oiled it last night in preparation for today.

What a weird/disappointing/worrisome experience. It was jamming all over the place. Feed problems. MANY FTEs, like every 6th round or so. I shot 3 boxes of Winchester white-box and had at least 15-20 FTEs. I was shocked because I've put about 1,500 rounds through my P226 9mm I bought 2 months ago without a single FTE (or any issue whatsoever) so I bought the P250 without much hesitation after I read a bit about it and liked the feel of it in my hand when I test fired a borrowed one at the Sig Academy last month.

I was thinking it might be the ammo, but I tried 20 rds of Hydrashok after all the FTEs, and got 2 FTEs out of 20.

So I've been reading for the past 2 hours on the Sig forum and apparently the FTE w/ the 250 is a big issue and some people are sending them back to Sig to get new extractors, etc.

Anyone know anything about it or have any advice? (besides getting into some "culture flame war" about how Sigs suck and Glocks rule or whatever) Any tests I can do at home to determine what the problem might be?

Thanks.... [sad]

Thought I would post an update since I know most of you are putting off important tasks until you hear what's going on (e.g. Blitz PM'ed me and said he wasn't going to the Ramrod tonight until he heard, which I thought was really sweet, especially since he got new chaps yesterday!)

So, after reading more on the Sig Forums today, I took it apart and hand fed a bunch of rounds up into the extractor claw. The claw was really tight at first- I compared it to the ease in which a round could be pushed into the claw on my P226, not even close.

After doing it 50-60 times it loosened up a tiny bit. If it didn't void my warranty I'd muck with it myself, but I won't. I am taking advice on Sig forum and going to the range and putting another 100 or so rounds through it to see if the FTE issue goes away on its own with a little more break-in time.

If not, it will go back to Sig.

Ok, Blitz- off to your club, the boys are waiting! [smile]

Thought I would post an update since I know most of you are putting off important tasks until you hear what's going on (e.g. Blitz PM'ed me and said he wasn't going to the Ramrod tonight until he heard, which I thought was really sweet, especially since he got new chaps yesterday!)

So, after reading more on the Sig Forums today, I took it apart and hand fed a bunch of rounds up into the extractor claw. The claw was really tight at first- I compared it to the ease in which a round could be pushed into the claw on my P226, not even close.

After doing it 50-60 times it loosened up a tiny bit. If it didn't void my warranty I'd muck with it myself, but I won't. I am taking advice on Sig forum and going to the range and putting another 100 or so rounds through it to see if the FTE issue goes away on its own with a little more break-in time.

If not, it will go back to Sig.

Ok, Blitz- off to your club, the boys are waiting! [smile]

OK a joke is a joke but now you're starting to WORRY me.

[shocked]

Really stop with the calls already...

[grin]

Just an update with a positive plug for Sig Customer Service. I tried shooting again, had 3 FTEs out of 50 rds, and figured that was enough testing. This a.m. I called Sig Customer Service, no hassles at all, they were extremely polite and helpful. Within 5 minutes I had an email waiting for me with a prepaid UPS label and a return form. They promised a gunsmith would take care of it and ship it back to me as soon as it was fixed.

Wow. Not what I was expecting. The only time I've had customer service that good was at LL Bean returning a broken backpack once.

+1000 to Sig!

Back
Top Bottom