Worman v. Baker (MA AWB) Oral Arguments 1-9-2019

Unless and until SCOTUS takes up the issue, there is more than sufficient precedent in the federal courts to uphold an AWB. It's now been done several times in several different jurisdictions. In other words, if any AWB case is assigned to the wrong judge (or, on appeal, panel of judges), it's DOA.

That should trouble all of us greatly.

Healy will successfully ban every AR15 Ak etc. in the next 60 days. This will be the beginning of the end for gun ownership other than standard shotgun and revolver in Mass. that’s the goal of the moon bats there.

Well, not quite. In her view (and the view of Judge Young), they are ALREADY banned.

There are definitely other bad things that could happen -- but I won't say them out loud in a public place, just in case anyone (Hi, Maura) hasn't thought of them yet.

So is there ANY where this can go now or is it just done and over with?

Might as well go out and buy some ammo, cleaning supplies, etc. Can't make a large purchase now but I sure as hell can stock up on the small stuff. A small way of sticking it to them.

this is clearly the government using the system to strip us of our rights. you get the right allies in the right jobs/places and the US as it was intended will cease to exist. A judge with an agenda is a dangerous thing. They are ruling on feelings and not on the constitution. The judge should be impeached and arrested.

Forgone conclusion. The Judge was clueless about firearms and it was apparent he was anti. It means an appeal and push to higher court. Which would have occurred either way from either side.

Who was the guy saying he knows this judge and he was "OK" and all looked promising...

So in 6 states , d.c. and some libtard island in the South Pacific we made a state,
Along with 1 town in Illinois.

You are a felon for owning certain rifles not machine guns.

So 43 states have freedom and 6 slave states are operating in the USA.

Who is out of step , Adolph Healy or the rest of the country?

Note that the final comment states that the AR15 is not covered by the 2A. One of my original problems with this case is that the plaintiff threw in a 2A claim rather than limit the case specifically to the overreach and extra-legal enforcement action by the AG. I predicted that this was giving the court a "not covered by the 2A" claim to hang a decision on, and allow it to largely sidestep the "overreach" issue. Although there was some discussion of the AG's interpretation, the final summation by the court addresses the 2A issue ... one that should never have been in the plaintiff's filing in the first place.

Comm2A had very little input on this case. We were at a meeting with the NSSF (and others) shortly after the Healy ban, but we were not active participants in formulating case strategy.
[crying]

Yep, and here in Mass we will see it the worst, unlike the other states where these bans were enacted without registration. We have registration here. They know exactly where to go to get what.

Shame on Judge Young. Justice Scalia is rolling over in his grave. Young (who is a very bright guy) deliberately misinterprets Heller. Heller specifically sets forth a test to determine whether a particular firearm is protected under the 2nd Amendment - whether it is in common use by members of the general public. The question is whether it is the type of firearm an ordinary citizen would have access to and use if he joined the local militia. That's why, under Scalia's analysis, fully automatic weapons, RPG's etc. would not be protected. However, an AR15 - which is owned and used by millions of Americans for home protection, sport, etc. - is precisely the type of gun that is protected. Young's assertion that if a gun is useful for military purposes it is not protected is complete poppycock. If Scalia were alive today he would eviscerate this opinion.

Shame on Judge Young. Justice Scalia is rolling over in his grave. Young (who is a very bright guy) deliberately misinterprets Heller. Heller specifically sets forth a test to determine whether a particular firearm is protected under the 2nd Amendment - whether it is in common use by members of the general public. The question is whether it is the type of firearm an ordinary citizen would have access to and use if he joined the local militia. That's why, under Scalia's analysis, fully automatic weapons, RPG's etc. would not be protected. However, an AR15 - which is owned and used by millions of Americans for home protection, sport, etc. - is precisely the type of gun that is protected. Young's assertion that if a gun is useful for military purposes it is not protected is complete poppycock. If Scalia were alive today he would eviscerate this opinion.

that little comment at the very end really pissed me off. "Judge Scalia would be proud" or however it was written. Excuse me? How the **** do you know?

A small step would be for a dealer to sell stripped lowers pitting the existing precedent that a lower is not a firearm against the AGs conclusion that it is.
Agreed. It would also encourage people to get into the hobby of AR building. Those dealers that are willing to sell, should be advertised and supported unanimously by MA gun owners.

With FA10 registration next comes the $100 / day fine and knock on the door by Herr Healy’s SS.

Not likely, but what is more likely is people running around like their pants are on fire claiming that is going to happen. Enforcement of this garbage has always been
limpwristed, at best. I don't expect that to really change. I don't even expect current LE posture to change with this stuff either.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom