Worman v. Baker (MA AWB) Oral Arguments 1-9-2019

Since it’s near impossible to do a “legal” AR pistol build in MA anyway why bother worrying about any of the details. Build what you want.
I guess this also applies to ergonomic adjustable stocks, front sights with the extra metal appendage, and barrels with various thread-on muzzle decorations.
Do what you want. No reason not to, now.

Since we all may wind up in dutch just for owning that AR I’m not sure what the deterrent is at this point. No knowing when/if they decide to start jamming folks up since Maura interprets the law as she sees fit.

I guess this also applies to ergonomic adjustable stocks, front sights with the extra metal appendage, and barrels with various thread-on muzzle decorations.

So the "legislature" passed the buck to the courts on this. Are they now off the hook for this or is Goal going to try to put pressure on them to act?

This is a lot worse than just a MA issue. This is a Federal judge. A Regan appointee. This is a National issue not just a MA issue.

Actually, this. When I read the NRA had released a statement I thought: "Meh." As I think about this more, since it was in federal court, this ruling is actually a problem for the rest of the country and not just us. The NRA might actually do something.

I just hope we get a few more justices like Clarence Thomas appointed to the USSC by the time the case gets there.

My question is how do we sell our AR's when we have no more use for them under Maura's decree? Are they "Legal" to sell to a licensed Ma. citizen?

The Governor has no power over the AG and even if a far right Governor was elected in Ma. he/she would never be able to govern.

I don't know about that. I suspect the governor actually has plenty of power if he chose to excessive it. The problem is that you think Tall Deval is actually a republican.

They're co-equals, he can't prevent her from doing her job as she sees fit.
I'd like to see him at least try. The resulting cat-fight would be entertaining, and maybe keep them both distracted. Unfortunately I think they've got their effective genders reversed so it will never happen.

How about "HealySucks 72016"?

lets get a group buy on some 80% lowers, some jigs and some machinist together and make some magic happen and put all this behind us??

Assuming that there's no legal reason several people couldn't share the costs of the jigs and each person actually machines and builds their own without help...

What happens if everyone FA-10ing their build uses the same model and serial number?

Is there any reason that we can't all build rifles of the model "mhealey72016" with serial number 0O00OO0O1I1I1?

What does having the "same" rifle "registered" to 50 people do to the records?

Assuming that there's no legal reason several people couldn't share the costs of the jigs and each person actually machines and builds their own without help...

What happens if everyone FA-10ing their build uses the same model and serial number?

Is there any reason that we can't all build rifles of the model "mhealey72016" with serial number 0O00OO0O1I1I1?

If I was going to make a guess it would show it being registered to 50 people simultaneously, I don't think their system has anything in it to dedupe
records. Might show a chronological trend or something. Would be funny if they could all be simultaneously filed down to the minute, though.

-Mike

I was thinking “Tyrant” as the model and “07202016” as the serial #

If I was going to make a guess it would show it being registered to 50 people simultaneously, I don't think their system has anything in it to dedupe
records. Might show a chronological trend or something. Would be funny if they could all be simultaneously filed down to the minute, though.

The FA10 asks for manufacturer, model, and serial number, right?

For a home-build, what can go in the "manufacturer" field? Any reason we couldn't all use "Healey" as the mfr. and "tyrant" as the model, and "07202016" as the serial.

From a legal perspective, that seems like it's probably breaking *some* law, but I can't quite think what. Since there is no "healey" gun manufacturing company, are you required to actually put something "real" in the "manufacturer" field?

Since we all may wind up in dutch just for owning that AR I’m not sure what the deterrent is at this point. No knowing when/if they decide to start jamming folks up since Maura interprets the law as she sees fit.

Someone posted previously about "why not just use locktite", but I didn't look too hard for the quote.

One reason on some rifles: 14" barrel + 2" muzzel device = 16" minimum to avoid being a short-barreled rifle. Screw with the feds on a SBR without a tax stamp and that could be much bigger trouble than Maura. Pin+Wed keeps the feds away.

If your barrel is 16"+ anyway it's not an issue.

There are limits if he was doing his job instead of sucking ass.
Let some conservative AG throw out an edict limiting the rights of gays or blacks and see what happens.

My vote for model: "Copyandduplicate"

No, but he can hold back in other ways and make it difficult for others who support her. In my opinion there should never even be a state AG office. They historically just abuse their power. There is ZERO positive to having an AG in MA.

Back
Top Bottom