World Record Cat Fish.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
That's a big fish.
story.fish.ap.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/25/big.fish.ap/index.html

That is unreal! I love watching the Buba's on the Outdoor Channel when they fish for cats. Could never get over how big they grow.
Hey TonyD, is cat as good eatin as they say it is?
Jon

JonJ said:
That is unreal! I love watching the Buba's on the Outdoor Channel when they fish for cats. Could never get over how big they grow.
Jon

That depends on which cat you're referring to. Actually, I've had both and neither of them taste like chicken. [wink]

TonyD said:
JonJ said:
Jon

That depends on which cat you're referring to. Actually, I've had both and neither of them taste like chicken. [wink]

I've had some delicious catfish before. Cajun style, it is very good.

TonyD said:

The filets look good in the market but I know they're not "fresh". Farm raised and shipped (prob frozen) from down south. I'm gonna have to try some time. Along with a mess of crawdads.
Cajun? Isn't that a nice way to say, burned? [wink]

JonJ said:
TonyD said:

The filets look good in the market but I know they're not "fresh". Farm raised and shipped (prob frozen) from down south. I'm gonna have to try some time. Along with a mess of crawdads.
Cajun? Isn't that a nice way to say, burned? [wink]

Hah! Cajun has nothing to do with being burned. Actually, the only catfish you want to eat is fresh water cat. More prevelant up north than down here.

The fish I ate was caught in MN. They make a cajun rub for it and you fry it. It's really surprisingly good. [wink]

TonyD said:
Hah! Cajun has nothing to do with being burned. Actually, the only catfish you want to eat is fresh water cat. More prevelant up north than down here.

Well when I see Cajun style food up here, it's what they call "blackened" or to me, burned. I would imagine that real Cajun style would be a nice spice rub which would suit me fine.
Dang MN?! I thought most cat (FW) was from down south. You learn sumthin new every day!
BTW, saltwater "cat" is good too. Nice firm white meat. Lots of times it's what you get in a fish n chips plate. And in the UK, fish n chips uses Dogfish.

I checked for the Mass catfish records, Channel Cat 26lbs 8oz, White Cat 9lbs 3oz. Babbies compared to that behometh!

JonJ said:
TonyD said:

Well when I see Cajun style food up here, it's what they call "blackened" or to me, burned. I would imagine that real Cajun style would be a nice spice rub which would suit me fine.
Dang MN?! I thought most cat (FW) was from down south. You learn sumthin new every day!
BTW, saltwater "cat" is good too. Nice firm white meat. Lots of times it's what you get in a fish n chips plate. And in the UK, fish n chips uses Dogfish.

I checked for the Mass catfish records, Channel Cat 26lbs 8oz, White Cat 9lbs 3oz. Babbies compared to that behometh!

Jon - Catfish is caught throughout the midwest. I can tell you that I spent 10 years recently living in S. FL on the Gulf side, and did a bit of fishing, and saltwater cat is considered a trash fish.

On the other hand, I had an excellent 'Blacked" Grouper last night with a mango salsa sauce at Bonefish Grill.

Back
Top Bottom