Work or Home?

Garys

NES Member
A friend of mine is applying for an LTC. Actually he's reapplying after not having one for several years. He lives in a red town and works in a red town. Which is where he got his previous LTC. He was told by someone that it's possible to apply either where you work or where you live.

Is this correct? If so, are there particular limitations on the requirements?

Thanks.

Yes, it's true you can apply in either place, but . . . My understanding, although I have no personal experience, is that it's very difficult to get an LTC issued from the municipality where you work - they tell you to go apply where you live. I would think that would be particularly true for a red town.

WRONG.

Merely working in a town does not suffice; one must own a business in the other town.

(d) Any person residing or having a place of business within the jurisdiction of the licensing authority

WRONG.

Merely working in a town does not suffice; one must own a business in the other town.

Thank you, that makes more sense. Of course my friend was given this info by a PO, but not the licensing officer for either department.

I knew someone would have the answer.

Would be awesome if you could do where you work or live...since I WORK in MA, but live in NH.... of course my town of work (Hudson, MA) doesn't issue ALPs...

Back
Top Bottom