• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

Note that even with the new range, the price of membership didn't go up. Years of past memberships have financed this. Close to one year without the indoor range, maybe around five months longer than expected, isn't the end of the world - though my frozen fingers might think otherwise! [sad]

As someone who's frozen his nuts off to keep from choking on smoke at 10:30 at night in January in the old range and chosen to piss in the woods rather than use Freddy Krueger's bathroom, the complaining doesn't sit well.

This had me cracking up on the couch. The wife is now looking at me funny thinking I'm nuts....:)

It's pretty accurate too. The previous setup downright hurt in the winter months. I'm hoping the new system will keep shooters warm in the winter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So not to be a pain in the rear, but I saw that no centre rifle is allowed. Does that include pistol calibers too? I have a .38/.357 lever action that I'd love to shoot indoors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Worcester Pistol and Rifle is walking distance from my house. My wife has learned to pat-frisk me any time I suggest we go for a walk.

I always wondered how the Boylston Police would react if I slung a rifle over my shoulder and walked to the club.

I tend to stay off NES these days because of all the BS that flies around from uninformed people. That said, I'm not going to stand by while someone just goes at the E-Board in a defamatory manner. Each of them devote a lot of their own time and, in some cases, money to support the club. Without them, WPRC would not be in the good shape it is. If you think its too expensive, then shop around. Don't like the way things are run? Run for election to the E-Board. It's that simple. How involved in the club are you? I have always been treated with respect and I have never seen anyone being treated any other way.

Steve

I was there on Sat and there was a gentleman in the building installing fire extinguishers that said they have all parts in place and will be installed beginning today. They should be good to go by this coming weekend, 1/26.

I sent in my application just last week and will be attending the new member orientation at the end of this month. WPRC sounds like a great club and the new indoor range sounds quite nice.

For the outdoor range - do people normally bring their own steel targets back/forth? Or are there some permanent fixtures down range? Or do most people shoot at paper targets?

Cool! I don't think you'll be disappointed, it's a good club with good people.

Regarding the outdoor ranges, there are 3. The shortest range is for pistols only and 22 rifles and has hanging nets that you can clip paper targets or clays on. The nets hang at three distances and can be slid around to different shooting lanes.

The two longer ranges I've only set up clays on the back or side mounds. Sometimes people do bring their own freestanding targets.

If you stop by on a weekend the gate will probably be open and I'm sure a member would be happy to show you around.

[sad2]

Don't you mean Thursday !

No, they changed it to the first:

Greeting’s Everyone,

This is your reminder of the upcoming Orientation Meeting. Due to extenuating circumstances and a couple of unique problems the Orientation Meeting and the voting in at the February 7 Monthly Meeting has been drastically changed this time and this time only.

First of all the Orientation will be held on Friday night, February 1 at the Boylston Town House (directions to the Boylston Town House are below).

Second you will not be present at the February 7 Monthly Meeting when we vote on your acceptance into the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club. Everyone who attends the Orientation Meeting on February 1, has all their paperwork and documents correct and in order, and pays all the fees required for a New Member, will be put on a list that will be read at the Monthly Meeting. Everyone on the list that is accepted (no negative vote) will be mailed their Membership Card, their FOB, and the key to the gate the following Monday morning. Absolutely no one will be allowed to show up at the February Monthly Meeting with any paperwork or fees not presented at the Orientation Meeting. Anyone that does show up will not be voted on and will have to wait until a future Meeting to be voted on for Membership into the Club.

Third is the fees; All have to be paid, by check or cash, at the Orientation Meeting. Everyone will owe the $190.00 New Member fee and the $5.00 fee for the FOB, the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club will pay for the mailings. Also anyone signing up for G.O.A.L. will owe another $30.00. Remember everyone must belong to GOAL in the WPRC.

Fourth is the paperwork. We must have a Application for Membership for everyone. Everyone will have to show their LTC or FID and GOAL card , if they already joined, If you are waiting for your LTC or GOAL that is not a problem just explain it to the Club Rep. you are sitting with.

Fifth are the directions to the Boylston Town House; get off I-290 at Rt.140 north. Go to the set of lights at Rt.70 (about 2 miles). At the lights turn right and go about 1 mile up the road. The Town House is on the left beside the Fire Department. We will have a lot of people there so do not block any of the Fire Departments driveways.

We will start the Orientation Meeting at 7:30 P. M. sharp. Everyone must sit with a Club Rep. for a pre-registration, to go over all your paperwork and collect your money, so get there early. We will be there starting at 6:00 P.M.. We hope to see all of you then.

Regards,

Brian Frappier

Membership Chairman

Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club

From the Northeast or East:
Take Route 3 South to Exit 20 B onto Route 495 South toward Marlborough.
Take Exit 25B onto Route 290 West toward Worcester.
Take Route 290 to Exit 24, Church Street, Northborough.
Take a Right at end of ramp. Drive 3 miles to end. Take a Left onto Route 70 South.
Drive 3/4 miles to Boylston Town House on Right.

From the Northwest:
Take Route 2 East to Route 190 South toward Worcester. Drive 5.4 mi.
Take Exit 6 onto Route 12 South toward Leominster-Worcester.
Take a Left onto Route 140 South toward Boylston. Drive 3 miles.
Take a Left onto Route 70. Drive 1.1 miles to Boylston Town House on Left.

From the West:
Take Route 290 East to Exit 24, Church Street, Northborough.
Take a Left at end of ramp. Drive 3 miles. Take a Left onto Route 70 South.
Drive 3/4 mi to Boylston Town House on Right.

From the South:
Take Route 135 West to end at Rte 20 in Northborough.
Take left onto Rte 20 West. Drive 325 feet. Take 1st right onto Church Street.
Drive 5.4 miles. Take a left onto Route 70 South.
Drive 3/4 mi to Boylston Town House on Right.

Wait... Since when do you have to be a virgin? I see nowhere in the email or info that states this? [rules]

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... Since when do you have to be a virgin? I see nowhere in the email or info that states this? [rules]

Im a member now, just waiting for the key and fob. Huge turnout last night. They mentioned that they are going to cap membership at 750 and they are close to the limit.

The president of the club was outside....being the parking attendant. What a way to meet him.[cheers]

Im a member now, just waiting for the key and fob. Huge turnout last night. They mentioned that they are going to cap membership at 750 and they are close to the limit.

The president of the club was outside....being the parking attendant. What a way to meet him.[cheers]

Definitely a huge turnout. Glad to get in before the cap.

I was at the meeting tonight and they mentioned the range is completed. However, it's not open for shooting yet. It sounded like it needs to be inspected or something first.

They said to keep an on the website on the homepage as it will be updated when the range is open. I wonder how long the line out the door will be.

I was at the meeting tonight and they mentioned the range is completed. However, it's not open for shooting yet. It sounded like it needs to be inspected or something first.

They said to keep an on the website on the homepage as it will be updated when the range is open. I wonder how long the line out the door will be.
That is if anyone has ammo to shoot

Back
Top Bottom