• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

They said they would "Vote" us in at Thursdays meeting (the 7th) then spend the weekend getting the mailings ready to go out today. With the storm and what not I would give a couple of extra days since they probably spent their time digging out.

They said they would "Vote" us in at Thursdays meeting (the 7th) then spend the weekend getting the mailings ready to go out today. With the storm and what not I would give a couple of extra days since they probably spent their time digging out.

I could not remember if it was suppose to be last week, or this. But makes sense - thanks! I bet the storm interfered quite a bit.

Unless you're down the road from Brian, you're not as close as you think. Brian is the membership chair and he mails out the material. He lives in Auburn [wink]

You guys are up early..
Im sure yours is coming today in the mail alpha.
usps probably got backed up with the storm.
I wanted to head out there today but my wife gave me the stink eye cause it's valentines day [slap]
Haven't shot for a couple months, getting restless

Still waiting on mine. Probably didnt get voted in. I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have someone like me as a member anyways. Kidding! Send my fob pls

I received my new membership card this week and went shooting the last few days.
Great range and met some very friendly people. Also helped that I had a cute blonde in tow.
Looking forward to some serious range time...

The shipping for the fob was 3 dollars. If you paid 195 you didnt pay to have it shipped. You needed to pick it up. This was laid out on teh application. You will need to contact Brian and maybe he will bring it to a meeting for you.

The shipping for the fob was 3 dollars. If you paid 195 you didnt pay to have it shipped. You needed to pick it up. This was laid out on teh application. You will need to contact Brian and maybe he will bring it to a meeting for you.

I paid $195 and had key+fob shipped to me early last week.

Does anyone know when it is going to open. All i have been hearing is that they where going to open it up in a few weeks, but that was 3 weeks ago. What is going on?

Is the indoor range open?
According to one of the very active members, they are awaiting the final inspection. They had it once already and there were a couple very small issues that were supposed to be fixed on this past Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

I paid $195 and had key+fob shipped to me early last week.
Sorry I must have done the math wrong.[sad2]

A member friend of mine wrote a letter to the powers that be, asking for a partial refund for this inconvenience. He received a rather curt reply stating that in no certain terms will they give a partial refund but furthermore, they will gladly give a full refund upon receipt of his key and fob. I did not read the letter and this is just his paraphrasing, but he was told that WPRC doesn't want any members that would even consider asking for such a "foolish request".
This friend of mine I have known for years, is a respected local professional, a vietnam veteran and a complete gentlemen. I was surprised to hear that he wrote them a letter, knowing his calm demeanor. It's my personal view that this renovation was a necessary evil. I have many other hobbies to keep me occupied so I am patient. For many others, WPRC may be their only avenue of recreation during the long winter. Back on topic, without reading it, I can't imagine his letter being anything but diplomatic. Given the context of the reply, board members must be equally frustrated.
For those of you who can't wait, maybe they will also extend this offer to you so you can join a club elsewhere. For what it's worth.

I stopped in last week and the shooting lane partitions and tables weren't installed or even seen. Are those in yet?
I know that the new indoor range was built with saved money and not borrowed but if money is the holdup in getting this complete then you have to wonder if it was better to have gotten this done quicker and then see how the membership wanted to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom