Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

Went there yesterday. Second floor addition looks great but no signs of any additional construction activity on the site. Based upon the last Club meeting, it looks like construction must be on hold until the additional steel pieces for the range are fabricated.

I was there yesterday for intro to IDPA. Backstop and steel should be going this week or next. Won't be long after that. Hope is that it can be complete by Nov member meeting. It will be a great facility.

Good to hear - last time i took a look there were no lanes. Has anyone heard anything about rules for the indoor range?

It was mentioned at the last meeting that the executive committee would need to convene, once the space was open, to address any changes necessary to the rules for the space given the changes. The lanes will be laid out soon. There is some question as to how many we can fit. It may only be 5 (technically there were 6 I think previously but the two at the ends were not used except for the Pistol Team matches. There is, however, much more room behind where the bench will be.

I just joined up over at Singletary in Sutton since it is rightup the street from my house, but might want to check this place out since it has in indoor range. Can't wait to see some pictures of the new facility!

I just joined up over at Singletary in Sutton since it is rightup the street from my house, but might want to check this place out since it has in indoor range. Can't wait to see some pictures of the new facility!

Next orientation will be in January. Next opportunity to join will be the meeting on the first Thursday of February. Since we don't prorate membership, this is the best value you can get for next year. You must do an orientation meeting before you can be a member. The next one after January will be April. Get in touch with the Membership Chair (check officers page on wprclub.com) and let him know you want to attend.

From the club website.
IDPA Match Schedule Change The December IDPA match has moved from Saturday, 8th December 2012 to Saturday 15th 2012!
NEW KEY FOBS - Member Pickup Required
We will be issuing the new key fobs for the club on Saturday 12/15/16 and Sunday 12/16/12. The hours are from 0900 to 1300. Members should plan on going to the club on either day to pick up their key fob!

Anyone planning on going to the work party tomorrow? I'm thinking of going for the first time, but I'm not sure what to expect. Does the work start promptly at 8AM? Anything else I should know or bring with me?

Anyone planning on going to the work party tomorrow? I'm thinking of going for the first time, but I'm not sure what to expect. Does the work start promptly at 8AM? Anything else I should know or bring with me?

I'll be there. Bring boots and gloves. They have most of the stuff there as far as tools and supplies.

I'd be there around 8. No-one will yell at you if you show up at 8:05.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'll be there. Bring boots and gloves. They have most of the stuff there as far as tools and supplies.

I'd be there around 8. No-one will yell at you if you show up at 8:05.

Thanks! I just didn't want to show up at 8AM and be the only one there. See you there.

I may go as well. The whole work party thing is pretty laid back. unfortunately it is the same people most of the time. The last one was fixing the target holders on all ranges and picking up trash along the road. I am guessing leaf pickup will be on the agenda for tomorrow.
it is a good way to get money off of your renewal and you get to spend some time talking with other members.
As far as being prompt at 8. Its not an issue and you can be sure Mike will already be there.

I may go as well. The whole work party thing is pretty laid back. unfortunately it is the same people most of the time. The last one was fixing the target holders on all ranges and picking up trash along the road. I am guessing leaf pickup will be on the agenda for tomorrow.
it is a good way to get money off of your renewal and you get to spend some time talking with other members.
As far as being prompt at 8. Its not an issue and you can be sure Mike will already be there.

Chet, I guess we'll be picking up trash again, and be done at 9 lol.

It's looking pretty good. The carpet is in, most of the ceiling is hung. I goes they're working on lights and ventilation now.

I looked at the range today. The backstop is all in, and the baffles for the roof are done. No target returns our ventilation yet though for the range.

I would guess 2-3 weeks. Mostly cosmetics. The heat is up and running, Electrical seems mostly complete. Bathrooms still empty but that is probably a day or less for a plumber. Target runners are not installed, stairs need to be finished etc. At the December meeting I hope there will be a final date.

Seriously considering moving along to somewhere else. Indoor range is the only major draw and this has taken way too long. The convience of the location is good, but there are some other ones nearby with more things to offer to offset the indoor range.

I joined because I live 10 minutes away, but Hopkinton is probably worth the drive instead. Was hoping the indoor range would be done sep/oct/nov to at least make paying for a year with 4 months usage palatable.

I suspect that the completion date is out of the club's control. So while they may be able to give you are current estimate, the actual date will likely vary - a sub gets delayed on another job, the inspector can't come that day and the trade that was going to work next is thus delayed and he has another job so now he won't be back for two weeks, etc.

I am sure that is a big reason that potential new members pass WPRC up, pay for 12 months and get 4-8 months worth of membership...

The lack of the indoor range combined with no prorated membership fee makes me think I shouldn't have joined in September. [frown]

I was interested in becoming a member here, can any you enlighten me of the fee's and other membership requirements such as nra member requirements and fees. Also do I need to be sponsored. Are work days mandatory or is there a monatary difference for no work requirements. I don't mind helping out but I hate the feeling that I have to do it at certain times or on certain dates.

Its $188/year. No NRA but GOAL membership is required. There are work days on select sat mornings where you can get $11/hr off your dues up to 8 hrs maximum.

Sent from the john using Tapatalk

I was interested in becoming a member here, can any you enlighten me of the fee's and other membership requirements such as nra member requirements and fees. Also do I need to be sponsored. Are work days mandatory or is there a monatary difference for no work requirements. I don't mind helping out but I hate the feeling that I have to do it at certain times or on certain dates.

Its $188/year. No NRA but GOAL membership is required. There are work days on select sat mornings where you can get $11/hr off your dues up to 8 hrs maximum.

Work parties are on something like the second sunday of each month from 8-12. as mentioned before, after the first year, if you do the work parties, the dues are $100 a year. let me know if you'd like to meet up and look around the place/shoot some.

I am sure if they cut back on the ridiculous amount of raffles they run, they could lower the membership fee.

I'd help them finish up if they would toss me a free membership.

I agree with capping membership. They said that the new memberships will probably replace the people who don't renew, which is in the 80's. But they're not considering that they won't have that many non renewals because who's going to not renew when a brand new indoor range is about to open.
First meeting in the new upstairs room and they need to shut off the heat. With so many people crammed in it was like 100 degrees!

Back
Top Bottom