• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

I haven't received a renewal yet either. To be quite fair, there is a new person doing renewals this year. With around 800 members, it is a huge undertaking for a new person. I'm sure they will get up to speed.

This Thursday is the monthly business meeting starting at 7:00PM. I will be attending and I'm sure it will be brought up. If not, I will ask about renewal time line. Feel free to attend, usually last about an hour.

Jay

Last edited:
I haven't received a renewal yet either. To be quite far, there is a new person doing renewals this year. With around 800 members, it is a huge undertaking for a new person. I'm sure they will get up to speed.

This Thursday is the monthly business meeting starting at 7:00PM. I will be attending and I'm sure it will be brought up. If not, I will ask about renewal time line. Feel free to attend, usually last about an hour.

Jay

I can only imagine that it is a HUGE undertaking.

In the past, I had received renewal notice in September. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss it.

Thanks to all that replied!

Has WP&R sent out membership renewal info yet for 2016?

Just wondering if I somehow missed the mailing.

Thank you

The renewal letters will be going out at the end of December.

Any idea if/when they might accept new members? It's 3 miles from my house and would love to join

We are at cap, but fill out the application and send it to:

Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club, Inc.
Attn: Membership Committee
PO Box 771
Boylston MA 01505-0771

Remember, being an active member of GOAL is a requirement.I did speak to the new person who is doing the membership. He is doing quite a good job and is totally confident that renewal's and new membership will flow nicely. That being said, there is under 30 applicants on the waiting list. So I think the chances of becoming a member in 2016 is good.

Jay

Any idea if/when they might accept new members? It's 3 miles from my house and would love to join
They are accepting new members up to 800. As far as i know we are not at that level and there are always a bunch who don't renew. Send in your application, the new member orientation will be in April.

The new guy is a little overwhelmed as not a lot of the processes were documented.

Dan you can use me as a member reference if you want.

If I may add to this...
It was mentioned above, we are at max right now.
Either way, many members do not renew for one reason or another so some slots always open up right before enrollment. There is a waiting list which is not too long but it's best to get on it as soon as possible since its first come first serve. Send your app in now and you should be good to go for April. Last year, everyone in the waiting list made it in.

You can use me for a reference as well... Drop me a PM if ya want.

-Scott

Last edited:
Great pin shoot this weekend. Last of the year so we had a great turnout.
I'd love to see if we can maybe add in another weekend each month, using lever-actions instead of handguns. Could be a fun time.

I was a member there 10 years ago, then got divorced from the secretary's goddaughter (Michael Sweat) and he pulled my renewal documentation. WHAT AN ASS. Is he still on the executive board there?

If I may add to this...
It was mentioned above, we are at max right now.
Either way, many members do not renew for one reason or another so some slots always open up right before enrollment. There is a waiting list which is not too long but it's best to get on it as soon as possible since its first come first serve. Send your app in now and you should be good to go for April. Last year, everyone in the waiting list made it in.

You can use me for a reference as well... Drop me a PM if ya want.

-Scott

Wow. Good to know. I have a buddy that is a member there and I still shoot on rare occasions. I was hoping he would bump into ke just to piss him off.

I could have had John Gabriel or John Greene get me back in but I've moved on. My current range is 1.5 miles from my house and $35 per year.

i had plans to shoot tonight with a friend, just noticed there is a general meeting going on between 7-9.. is it ok to use the indoor range while the meeting is being held?

Update from tonight's monthly meeting regarding your question. Yes, the end of December will be the time the renewal letters go out. Existing members will have until April 7th 2016 to renew or their membership will be dropped and put to back of the waiting list. As stated before each year there are people who, for whatever reason, don't rejoin which frees up room for the people on the waiting list. I think last year, there was well over 50 new members who joined.

Presently, there are only 27 people on the waiting list. As they take new members based on when the application date it is received, I would send in you application as soon as possible.

Good club, good people, highly recommend.

Jay

Update from tonight's monthly meeting regarding your question. Yes, the end of December will be the time the renewal letters go out. Existing members will have until April 7th 2016 to renew or their membership will be dropped and put to back of the waiting list. As stated before each year there are people who, for whatever reason, don't rejoin which frees up room for the people on the waiting list. I think last year, there was well over 50 new members who joined.

Presently, there are only 27 people on the waiting list. As they take new members based on when the application date it is received, I would send in you application as soon as possible.

Good club, good people, highly recommend.

Jay

Thanks for the update.

Received my renewal letter the other day with a little surprise that dues decreased a little.

Always nice to save some money. The club is true to their word. They are not a club out to make money, but invest in the club infrastructure and its members.

Have you checked out the sound absorbing panels and tiles in the indoor range? It does make a difference. Money well spent. Nice job to the board members and the members that helped with the installation.

sent in my application today...keeping my fingers crossed that I make it on the list, as my current range is over a half an hour away from my house in worcester.

I'll be attending the January 7th general meeting and will ask about how many are now on the waiting list. By the way, guests are welcome to the monthly meeting. They usually just ask, after the Pledge of Allegiance, if there are any guests. You can just let them know who you are and you are on the waiting list to join. They will welcome you and go on with the meeting.

Jay

Have you checked out the sound absorbing panels and tiles in the indoor range? It does make a difference. Money well spent. Nice job to the board members and the members that helped with the installation.

Ashamed to say I haven't been there since they put them up. I plan on heading over within the next week.

Back
Top Bottom