• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

I live 2 miles from here...wanted to join here but it looks like it will have to wait until sometime next year or so with the waiting list. Sent in my application today. Guess i will wait until they contact me

Last edited:
Put in an app and attend the next orientation meeting. No one is going to call you.

Sorry, not quite accurate. Yes, put in an application as they are at their "cap". The next "Orientation Meeting" is scheduled for April 24th 2014 at 6:00PM, if they fall below cap. You can keep on eye on the web sites calender. They will contact "applicants" via email in the order they are received, so apply as soon as possible. If contacted to attend the "Orientation Meeting", you must attend (don't be late) and you also must attend the next "Business Meeting" to be voted in.

Hope it helps. Good people and good facilities.

I sent in my application about 3 weeks ago. Would be convenient as i live 2 miles from here and i really need a indoor range. One i am at now is outdoor only so i gotta freeze my butt off all winter

Plus i like how indoor is 24/7 so i can go late at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent in my application about 3 weeks ago. Would be convenient as i live 2 miles from here and i really need a indoor range. One i am at now is outdoor only so i gotta freeze my butt off all winter

Plus i like how indoor is 24/7 so i can go late at night

It is a good club. No BS that I can tell. They have a done a first rate job on the indoor range and meeting room. I'm fairly new, but have listened to the history of how it was prior. Got to give them credit for a job well done.

Yes, the 24/7 is quite convenient. I've never gone at 03:00, but have gone before work, which is a nice way to start the day.[wink]

Are all the ranges closed during work parties? I see there is one tomorrow.

YES! All closed. Indoor ranges are cleaned, backstop trays are emptied, and lanes checked, so they have to be closed. There is no outside shooting until 12:00 Noon on Sundays (or Holidays). The work party is done by then.

Hope it helps.

Web site says not accepting new membership applications. Any idea if that might change in the near future?

Thanks.

Dave
Unless they change they are currently maxed out at 800. They wont be taking any new members in until April. If you are interested you should send in an app incase that changes

Was there today with my son shooting clays in the early afternoon. The weather was nice, and it was nice to see a bunch of fellow shooters out there having a blast. Some were even disposing of pumpkins……awesome.

Waking this thread up a bit...anyone been down to the club lately? I'm going to try and get down there this weekend to break in the G19 for the spring :)

Waking this thread up a bit...anyone been down to the club lately? I'm going to try and get down there this weekend to break in the G19 for the spring :)

Have been there every now and then. The indoor range is always clean and available. Just check the web site calender to make sure they don't have any competition going on. Otherwise, I've never waited for a lane. Was there on Wednesday to shoot a little outdoors. There is still quite a bit of snow, so it is limited. I was able to shoot on the pistol range just fine.

This Sunday is the monthly work party. It goes from 08:00-to 12:00. But with all the snow, I'll bet it only goes for a couple of hours.

FYI..... April 2nd is a hard set date for membership renewal. If anyone is not renewed by then, they are dropped and have to go on the waiting list.

Jay

Just shoot there as a guest a few weeks back. Great place, very clean. Also just sent in the membership application. I'm hoping to get in soon so I can go when I please. Stocking up on ammo for now.

Have been there every now and then. The indoor range is always clean and available. Just check the web site calender to make sure they don't have any competition going on. Otherwise, I've never waited for a lane. Was there on Wednesday to shoot a little outdoors. There is still quite a bit of snow, so it is limited. I was able to shoot on the pistol range just fine.

This Sunday is the monthly work party. It goes from 08:00-to 12:00. But with all the snow, I'll bet it only goes for a couple of hours.

FYI..... April 2nd is a hard set date for membership renewal. If anyone is not renewed by then, they are dropped and have to go on the waiting list.

Jay

Thanks Jay! I actually couldn't resist and drove over about an hour ago. Had the place to myself until about 8:45. Boy am I rusty [wink]

Sent out my renewal today, just kept on forgetting. [smile]

Yeah I've had my form sitting here on my office desk since it came back in November
001.gif
Need to get the photocopies together and mail in a check.

Thanks Jay! I actually couldn't resist and drove over about an hour ago. Had the place to myself until about 8:45. Boy am I rusty [wink]

Exactly. Can't tell you how many times I'd go there to use the indoor range and have it all to myself, or with just the guests I've brought. I've never seen anyone leave it messy.

I wish I could say I'm rusty, but truth be told I'm just a lousy shot. But a bad at the range is a better than a good day at work...

I started a seperate thread for the 2015 membership renewal, just in case someone misses this thread.

I think I made it there once in 2014... Talk about an expensive range trip!! I'll renew with the hope that I will get more range time this year (had our first child last year, range time was not a priority).

First pin shoot is Sun 4/26.

I have no excuse for not getting to the range. I have more free time than I know what to do with. I'm just a puss cuz I don't like the cold.

Hi Brian. Yep, 4/26 is on my calender for the 1st pin shoot. Yea, some of the outside stuff was kinda cold and it takes a good 10 minutes to warm up the indoor range if no one else is around. But Wednesday was way to nice to not shoot outside even for a little while. The wife looked at me and just rolled her eyes as I was walking through knee high snow to set targets. [wink]

Not sure when the Steel matches start, but probably around April/May time frame I would guess.

It's going to take a bit to melt and dry it out, but by the end of April is should be fine.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom