• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Gun Dealer Agrees to End Illegal Firearm Sales

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Check out this tidbit (emphasis is mine):

The AG’s investigation also found that The Gun Parlor failed to provide legally mandated safety warnings to customers, did not properly verify that handguns sold to law enforcement and military personnel were being purchased for official duties, and sold handguns with a barrel length shorter than three inches to consumers without first providing disclosures required under state regulations about the potentially limited accuracy of such weapons.

The regulation is CMR 16.06(3)
It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun purveyor to transfer to a customer
located within the Commonwealth a handgun that has a barrel shorter than three inches, unless
the handgun purveyor discloses the limits of the accuracy of the make and model of handgun for
sale by providing in writing to the customer (prior to sale) the make and model's average group
diameter test result at seven yards. average group diameter test result at 14 yards, and average
group diameter test result at 21 yards.

Wouldn't this pretty much be up to the shooter?

LOL AG's headline is disingenuous.... says 35K but then later says "along with an additional $25,000 in penalties for the illegal sale of Glock handguns, which will not be collected if The Gun Parlor complies with the settlement for two years." So it's really 10K.

translated, consent decree enema deal, etc. Four seasons probably got one of those in the past.

Curiously the 3" declaration is kinda hilarious, they'll be one of the few shops putting those slips of paper in the gun box that everyone signs off on, then shreds/throws away as soon as they get home. [rofl]

-Mike

Unreal.

Check out this tidbit (emphasis is mine):

The regulation is CMR 16.06(3)

Wouldn't this pretty much be up to the shooter?

The average grouping? How is anyone supposed to determine any of this crap?

Just have Jerry Miculek shoot every mouse gun 3 times each. [lol]

Last edited:
Emphasis mine:
The AG’s investigation also found that The Gun Parlor failed to provide legally mandated safety warnings to customers, did not properly verify that handguns sold to law enforcement and military personnel were being purchased for official duties, and sold handguns with a barrel length shorter than three inches to consumers without first providing disclosures required under state regulations about the potentially limited accuracy of such weapons.

Wait, so cops can only buy Glocks if they're using it as a duty gun?

Wait, so cops can only buy Glocks if they're using it as a duty gun?

LOL the AGs office probably doesn't even understand their own regulation. Either that or it's talking about shit that's not under the purview of the AGs office, EG, "off roster sales to LE only with a badge" which may not be legal. The word "also" seems to indicate that this is separate from the earlier "glock" thing.

Not sure if this applies to gun parlor but years ago there were a metric ass ton of shops where most of the dumb MA laws would suddenly become irrelevant simply by waving a badge/creds around, I imagine things are somewhat different now though.

-Mike

AG Riley pulled this shit with Four Seasons and got his ass handed to him thanks to Carl's meticulous record keeping.

Look at her:

Moe-Howard-three-stooges-23436764-201-242.jpg

I hate her smug smirk.

LOL the AGs office probably doesn't even understand their own regulation. Either that or it's talking about shit that's not under the purview of the AGs office, EG, "off roster sales to LE only with a badge" which may not be legal. The word "also" seems to indicate that this is separate from the earlier "glock" thing.

Not sure if this applies to gun parlor but years ago there were a metric ass ton of shops where most of the dumb MA laws would suddenly become irrelevant simply by waving a badge/creds around, I imagine things are somewhat different now though.

-Mike

I'm willing to bet they are intentionally misunderstanding their own regulations just to pile on to make Gun Parlor look even scarier. Or you may be right and it applies to off-roster stuff. Either way, I feel a need to go buy another gun.

Today’s settlement is one more step in AG Healey’s efforts to enhance gun safety and to assure compliance with Massachusetts gun laws and regulations. In December 2015, AG Healey sent a letter links to PDF file to all 350 state gun dealers reminding them of their obligations under state law. Last year, she led a multi-state effort urging Congress to lift the ban on gun-violence research by the Centers for Disease Control and is working with medical professionals to help develop resources for physicians to aid conversations with their patients about guns in the home.

Why the **** do people think DR's are firearms storage and safety experts?

By the way her efforts were as worthless as she is.

I'm surprised (I'm not) that she did not go after <insert shop here>. Maybe this was simply a warning shot...

How's that NSSF lawsuit going?

/edit due to request. though, not sure what good it will do when the shops have already been named?

Last edited:
So they are worried about accuracy are they. Hmmm those 10 pound triggers hinder accuracy. Oh that's right it's for the children. Typical liberal brilliance.

[laugh] I was thinking the same. So ridiculous.

Why the **** do people think DR's are firearms storage and safety experts?

By the way her efforts were as worthless as she is.

Their 'expertise' is 100% that firearms and 'gun violence' are a public health crisis, which lends credence to the anti agenda.

The most violent thing a gun ever did to me was railroad tracks from a poor grip from the slide

Just out of curiosity, what did all this effort and harassment on her part get the people of Massachusetts? Is a single person any safer? I seriously doubt all this cost the state <$10k, so as far as I can tell she just harassed a small business owner for a few months and got a meaningless press release out of it. Meanwhile, how many other laws on the books in this state have gone unenforced, with very real costs and victims? How many illegals injured somebody, caused property damage, or took a job that someone here legally could have used? How much welfare fraud was committed? How many kids were hurt thanks to the incompetent DCF?

This woman's sole focus appears to be on the one industry in this state that isn't actually a problem. She's a total trainwreck as far as AGs go.

You could have Michael J. Fox shoot it, as long as you indicate the group size in writing.

When I bought my LCR the guy at Four Seasons they had "group size disclosure" as part of the form letter disclosure that I had to sign (included reference to the CMR I think). I asked him what the number was and he just shrugged and said "worse than if the barrel was longer?" I kind of wanted to press to have a number given but figured since I already had researched my purchase (and therefore already was making an informed decision) I shouldn't hold up progress for my own amusement.

I can understand why some people would benefit from having the shop "disclose" this as part of the sales process of showing you different options but that is just because there is no substitute for a good consumer. Of course unless the shop is presenting group sizes for all firearms all done by the same person than a number is kind of meaningless.

Just out of curiosity, what did all this effort and harassment on her part get the people of Massachusetts? Is a single person any safer? I seriously doubt all this cost the state <$10k, so as far as I can tell she just harassed a small business owner for a few months and got a meaningless press release out of it. Meanwhile, how many other laws on the books in this state have gone unenforced, with very real costs and victims? How many illegals injured somebody, caused property damage, or took a job that someone here legally could have used? How much welfare fraud was committed? How many kids were hurt thanks to the incompetent DCF?

This woman's sole focus appears to be on the one industry in this state that isn't actually a problem. She's a total trainwreck as far as AGs go.

Well said.

Back
Top Bottom