• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woburn Turkeys

Yeah no shit. Polished up my black car last week before I headed up to NH. Get a call some turkey is beating the crap out of my caršŸ¤¬! 15 years here, a thousand turkeys through the yard never a problem and then this fuā‚¬ker gos postal on my firebird when Iā€™m 2 hours away and canā€™t do shit about it šŸ˜”.
Well that SUCKS!!!

If a Turkey did that to my Camaro I would not be very happy. :mad:

A few years ago in Shrewsbury there was an entire road that didn't get mail for quite a while because the letter carrier was being "attacked" by turkeys. Dog spray doesn't work on turkeys, apparently. He was mocked mercilessly in the office for it. People would put turkey feathers on his counter, make turkey calls when he came back at the end of the day, somebody left a turkey sandwich with his name on it at his station, it was great. Also, turkeys really are devil chickens. I was nearly gouged to death by one when I was a child. Two adults had to pull it off me. I wandered too close to a hen, and the tom didn't like it. But now at our new house in VT there are dozens of them in my yard every day. I'm thinking of giving my .22 air rifle a workout.

At first I thought the results would look like hail damage to the SIDE of the car. But as he reviewed the damage it was scratches not dents.

Still that could be some expensive repair work there. Those Turkeys might as well just keyed the guys car.
A place I worked at in Chelmsford, along Rt3 South, during Y2K had turkeys all over the place. They would attack this one guy's Beemer relentlessly.
If actually left some dents and chips. He moved it everywhere in that tree-lined lot. Front of building, back of building, behind the dumpster..
That car was Marked for Death...

1663708520725.png

A few years ago in Shrewsbury there was an entire road that didn't get mail for quite a while because the letter carrier was being "attacked" by turkeys. Dog spray doesn't work on turkeys, apparently. He was mocked mercilessly in the office for it. People would put turkey feathers on his counter, make turkey calls when he came back at the end of the day, somebody left a turkey sandwich with his name on it at his station, it was great. Also, turkeys really are devil chickens. I was nearly gouged to death by one when I was a child. Two adults had to pull it off me. I wandered too close to a hen, and the tom didn't like it. But now at our new house in VT there are dozens of them in my yard every day. I'm thinking of giving my .22 air rifle a workout.
Luckily, he didn't "Go Postal"...

A place I worked at in Chelmsford, along Rt3 South, during Y2K had turkeys all over the place. They would attack this one guy's Beemer relentlessly.
If actually left some dents and chips. He moved it everywhere in that tree-lined lot. Front of building, back of building, behind the dumpster..
That car was Marked for Death...

View attachment 664337
So the bird went after the BMW and left the American made cars alone?

At least he was a Patriotic Turkey. :)

Subsonic .22 out of a rifle. That 60 grain Aguila SSS should work well. Hand to neck? Large knife like a Bowie or a machete would be about as quiet as it gets.
I certainly won't try that, especially with the toms. They will kick the crap out of you with those spurs and possibly cut you up. I think they are a little tougher than you might think if it came to hand to neck combat

I was told by a member of my local PD, "Don't stop to let them take their time to get out of the road, take em out with your bumper!" I have plenty of hawks, fishers, owls, and coyotes around that will clean up the mess overnight!

I was told by a member of my local PD, "Don't stop to let them take their time to get out of the road, take em out with your bumper!" I have plenty of hawks, fishers, owls, and coyotes around that will clean up the mess overnight!
???

tyflelos-walking.gif

I love it when cops dispense such great advice without it being recorded. You act on it, quote the cop, cop denies giving such advice and you get prosecuted for animal cruelty, hunting out of season and any other charges that they can hurl at you. When cops give advice, just politely say "thank you" and do your own legal research.
I was told by a member of my local PD, "Don't stop to let them take their time to get out of the road, take em out with your bumper!" I have plenty of hawks, fishers, owls, and coyotes around that will clean up the mess overnight

I thought it was Christmas...

View attachment 664478
Magical times at Jordan Marshā€™s Christmas Village in Boston šŸŽ„šŸŽ…. Itā€™s a close call for favorite holidays. This year Thanksgiving will be the day when all of my kids and grandkids will be under the same roof. Christmas will be spotty..
(Iā€™m really glad that my cheeks arenā€™t as huge as they were, itā€™s a family thing). Thanks for the pic of toddler me, my friend šŸ˜˜

Well, that sounds like Thanksgiving to me! Enjoy your family being close to you this Season dearheart. ~Matt

Reminds me of a turkey I saw chasing my fat neighbor. It was too funny, my neighbor kept trying to hit it with her purse while running away.

I didn't give a f*ck and laughed for a few minute.

She is very guilty.

The town of Reading would welcome all turkeys good or bad. They had a town favorite that they named Limpy and he became the town and internet sensation on YouTube and Facebook. Until he was hit by a passing vehicle.šŸ˜Æ

View: https://youtu.be/e5sWp_5UPJk

View: https://youtu.be/Sy1PpZHPcwo

Last edited:
Coyotes. Turkeys.

They come to MA towns because they know nobody will shoot them in the suburbs.

Weā€™re so silly. Everyone on this site knows exactly how to deal with this ā€œproblem.ā€
Iā€™ve dispatched plenty of geese over the years.
I have given plenty of fair warning then itā€™s good night. You ainā€™t shitting all over this place on my watch.

There is nothing worse than a mean Canadian Goose on a golf course. You can't hit them with a club or nothing. Pretty much sucks.

Because they are too wily or because it's illegal or frowned upon???

What's a "Canadian" goose...? šŸ¤”

It's like a Tauntonian goose. ;). (I've named the flocks of Taunton area full-time Canada geese Tauntonians.)

Remember - there are two parties- the Republican Party and the Democrat (not Democratic) party. They hate it when you get that one right. LOL

I passed a couple of hens and maybe over 20 poults(?). My guess is they are a few weeks old. Aggressive behavior is no surprise. I would never mess with one.

20 Cornish game turkeys??? WOOT!

woowoo3.gif

This thread wins on so many levels. Great job everyone!

Back
Top Bottom