• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Witnesses say many dead, injured in shooting at New Zealand mosque

We will never see or hear about the next shoe. Oppressive government and media blackout will see to that.

From now on only good news will flow from NZ. It has started already. Even NZ gun clubs are welcoming the new dictatorship! Put the banana in the holster and call it a day!

New Zealand is home to less than 5 million people and has an estimated 1.2 million to 1.5 million firearms, around 13,500 of them MSSA-type weapons.

Most farmers own guns, which they use for killing pests and putting down injured stock. Recreational hunting is popular, and gun clubs and shooting ranges are a common sight.

Federated Farmers, which represents thousands of farmers, said it supported the new law.

"This will not be popular among some of our members but...we believe this is the only practicable solution," Rural Security spokesman Miles Anderson said in a statement.

The farmers' lobby had previously opposed tougher gun laws.

If that crap really kicks in here in our country, i hope the rotten dem pols and their families pay severely. I want a future for my daughter and the dems dont seem to want to do anything to help our country, only destroy it. I want to retire some day and enjoy my time out on the water fishing or in the woods hunting or just doing nothing in particular like a retired person is supposed to do.

Greg

I think the NZ gov will try hard to cover stuff up.....everyone knows they wont be transparent and politics and political correction will run the investigation

But I think the truth will get out.....there's already so much info on the event and manifesto that they cant deny what happened or the motivation behind it

The gov of NZ has lost all credibility already

Once country decides to become Kazakhstan you will hear nothing from them or about them. How much do we know about Uzbekistan? Democracy can't defend itself! One night will get the country from democracy to a totalitarian regime. It was done and it will be done again and again. We, Americans, are truly unique and we need to fight for our rights. Everyone else is in the pen for decades already!

We all know what stinks.....

Its like the former USSR....everyone knew the communist party was corrupt

Everyone knew that people were being hauled off to camps for bullshit in order to control people

Everyone knew there was no such thing as justice

Do not be so sure!

Logic has it that if somebody keeps breaking into your house you go out and get a gun. You do not go and give them your gun! Do you? Suddenly, this simple logic is replaced with a complete non-sense:
Give us your guns because we can't protect you.

Soviet Union was a completely different story. Soviet Union was a continuation of a tyranny. Tzar was an ultimate ruler, so he was replaced with Lenin. Easy transition!

The United States is not, and it will never be, the Soviet Union. The United States is exhausted and tired from not winning. Communism is coming here as a lazy ass ideology which will distribute other people's money to masses who do not want to do anything. And this is where the difference is. Millennials live only online already. Soviet Union was moving masses and masses were active in the field. Nobody was sitting, even gulags were hard labor camps. We became lazy and we are ready to trade our rights for lazy lives.

Everywhere I look I see a room for improvement. Our welfare system is severely abused, our healthcare sucks, our roads are worst than in Romania......but THE ENTIRE NATION IS SOLVING GUN AND BATHROOMS SAFETY! [angry2]

So, we, as a nation, have no clue what it is we want because we are lazy and incompetent.

Last edited:
Look. you're making something simple overly complicated

We dont need official confirmation to tell us that the USSR killed millions of innocent people
We dont need official confirmation to tell us that Venezuela is a corrupt/violent regime
Rinse and repeat for Cuba, China and a raft of others

In the case of NZ there are officials that already demonstrated via demands to kiwifarms and others to shut down links/postings of video and manifesto and are trying to control the facts in order to control the narrative

NO ONE is going to believe anything the NZ govt says from this point on any more than they believe Mueller, Strock, Page or McCabe.......

So, 50% of this country will believe them.

And 50% that previously believed that NZ was actually a first world gov and solid place they might like to visit someday have had their minds changed based on the actions of NZ corruptocrats

Nothing will change. Just another country was added to many others and our commies will have another example to point at. That is about it.

This is the issue with the statists......they attempt to reach out to people on the other side of the planet and impose their will on them......

Yes. It worked, unfortunately.
Iran
iran.jpg

Opinion: Jacinda Ardern is getting things right in New Zealand | DW | 21.03.2019
nz.jpg

When defenseless people are killed by terrorists, the general sense of consternation and shock can often be paralyzing. Politicians take refuge in platitudes. Others demand that laws be dramatically tightened, or hold entire societal groups collectively liable for the actions of individuals.

New Zealand — and above all its prime minister, Jacinda Ardern — is an example of how such a terrible, murderous act can be dealt with differently. After the Christchurch attacks, Ardern did a lot of things right. She wore a headscarf when visiting the local Muslim community. She opened the next parliamentary session with the Arabic message of peace, "As-Salaam Alaikum." And she refused to speak the attacker's name. Her message: I am on the side of the Muslim victims. And: Muslims belong to us.

Swift and unbureaucratic

Shortly after the attack by the right-wing extremist, Islamophobic perpetrator, Ardern also announced that gun laws would be tightened, and her government has implemented this change swiftly and unbureaucratically. The new legislation bans the sale and possession of semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles. The government will also buy back such weapons from people who bought them legally. In order to do this, the New Zealand government is preparing to spend the equivalent of €120 million ($140 million).

Sometimes politics can be this simple, this insightful, and this sensible. Ostracize the perpetrator. Name the victims, and give their suffering a voice. And promise them that you will do everything you can to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again — by restricting access to automatic weapons. Because people almost everywhere in the world know that fewer weapons means greater security. (And in places where they don't know it, things seem to go badly wrong nonetheless.)

A quotation from the German poet Friedrich Hölderlin provides a succinct description of what is currently happening in New Zealand: "Where danger is, the rescue grows as well." It's time to thank Prime Minister Ardern for her conduct following the terrorist attack in Christchurch.

Last edited:
I think the NZ gov will try hard to cover stuff up.....everyone knows they wont be transparent and politics and political correction will run the investigation

But I think the truth will get out.....there's already so much info on the event and manifesto that they cant deny what happened or the motivation behind it

The gov of NZ has lost all credibility already

The problem with "truth" is that when presented, many times those that are the presenters are labeled as "tin-foil hat wearers". A list of truths that were initially labeled as tin foilers that were actually truth would be interesting to see. I'm naturally pretty cynical so when I see or hear of something for the first time and labeled as 'truth" I don't always believe it...I have had to eat crow a few times though.

ROFL

She called for people to turn in guns and 3 people in the whole f***ing country complied

Thats not exactly compelling evidence that she's convincing people that there are merits to her message

Quite the contrary......the gov now is using force to compel people to comply

Count on results similar to AU....where only 19% of known firearms were ever turned in.......
Here is what is to come for New Zealand firearm owners.
[url=https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/21/new-zealand-shooting-swift-gun-law-changes-contrast-us-inaction]New Zealand’s swift change to gun laws highlights 25 years of US inaction[/url]
In a press conference on Thursday, Ardern promised increased penalties for continued ownership of the banned weapons. New Zealand’s minister of police said police were “gearing up” to enable military-style weapons to be taken out of circulation. Police will be supported by the New Zealand defense force, he said, and would consult gun licensing records.

Ardern promised the country would continue to consider broader gun control measures on Monday, including issues such as licensing, registration and storage.

It doesn't matter how many people you ship to the ovens on train cars, there's always 50% of the population who will voluntarily disarm and line themselves up in neat rows at the station when told to do so. Mostly becuase half of the human race would rather follow than think.

The UK type vein of retardation is an inherent trust of authority, no matter how irrational and self-defeating it ultimately is. Hell we saw it going back to the
revolution. At least some of the colonists were smart enough to say "Hey we busted our ass getting here and now you're going to take some of our shit? f*** you!" unfortunately that brand of fire only partially existed and was only partially transferred into the birth of our nation. Hell even during the formation of the
country there were a bunch of statists that had "issues" with people having large amounts of personal freedom.

I also think its partially a cultural defect or something, I don't get it. I think for example theres "overriding issues" thing in some cultures for example, with israel, they put up with the states retarded gun control because lots of people are already in the military, and the overbearing thing is a bunch of durkas trying to erase them for the past half century or more etc.... I kinda "get" that. But with the UK/AU/NZ? It's just a bunch of people prostrating themselves in front of the altar of government, or "their betters". wtf....

I think you are onto something though, it's almost like a default shitty human condition that some X percentage are all almost hard wired to be sheep like
followers that mindlessly will follow whoever the perceived "big" leader is, etc. That is what is disturbing, those that know better, we are all imprisoned by the
mindless. The founders had envisioned a "republic" to reduce this kind of bullshit but the sheep still seeped in, and someone allowed them to vote....

-Mike

Last edited:
The UK type vein of retardation is an inherent trust of authority, no matter how irrational and self-defeating it ultimately is. Hell we saw it going back to the
revolution. At least some of the colonists were smart enough to say "Hey we busted our ass getting here and now you're going to take some of our shit? f*** you!" unfortunately that brand of fire only partially existed and was only partially transferred into the birth of our nation. Hell even during the formation of the
country there were a bunch of statists that had "issues" with people having large amounts of personal freedom.

I also think its partially a cultural defect or something, I don't get it. I think for example theres "overriding issues" thing in some cultures for example, with israel, they put up with the states retarded gun control because lots of people are already in the military, and the overbearing thing is a bunch of durkas trying to erase them for the past half century or more etc.... I kinda "get" that. But with the UK/AU/NZ? It's just a bunch of people prostrating themselves in front of the altar of government, or "their betters". wtf....

I think you are onto something though, it's almost like a default shitty human condition that some X percentage are all almost hard wired to be sheep like
followers that mindlessly will follow whoever the perceived "big" leader is, etc. That is what is disturbing, those that know better, we are all imprisoned by the
mindless. The founders had envisioned a "republic" to reduce this kind of bullshit but the sheep still seeped in, and someone allowed them to vote....

-Mike

Mike, stop thinking about majority. Majority always follows the one with the loudest firecrackers. IT IS ALWAYS MINORITY which changes rules! Castro had 12 dudes, Lenin was almost alone, Stalin was robbing banks on his own, .....On the other side, Churchill kicked Britons in their butts while they were flirting with their local brand of Nazis.

We think we will change somebody's mind. We will not! Let's recognize the fact and act accordingly.

Last edited:
So, you post a political hit piece from the guardian complete with hand wringing and comments from rep occasional kotex as evidence of what?

That NZ is doing exactly what he predicted NZ would do as per his manifesto?

Anyone want to bet that Soros/Bloomberg et al are ginning up some copy cat here in the US to try to create a crisis by shooting up some school?

Schools not out until what.....may/june?
There was a quote, two paragraphs in the article. You just have missed it.

Its pretty tough to get very far into anything published in the guardian with all the crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth that obscures anything that resembles reporting

"Guardian journalism is rooted in facts with a progressive perspective on the world. We are editorially independent, meaning we set our own agenda"

This says it all. I trust nothing from this online hack rag.

"Guardian journalism is rooted in facts with a progressive perspective on the world. We are editorially independent, meaning we set our own agenda"

This says it all. I trust nothing from this online hack rag.

Any UK reporting is pushing gas pedal to the floor while the gear is forever stuck in the neutral.

Its pretty tough to get very far into anything published in the guardian with all the crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth that obscures anything that resembles reporting
It's advocacy journalism, which now is just called journalism. However, I included the quote for so you would not have to scour Beckett's lament for it. I included the link because I am not in the habit of including unattributed quotes from publications.

Any UK reporting is pushing gas pedal to the floor while the gear is forever stuck in the neutral.
From a different source:
Assault rifles to be banned in New Zealand in aftermath of massacre, Prime Minister says
In the interim, New Zealand Governor General Patsy Reddy has signed an order to reclassify some semi-automatic weapons as "military-style".

As a result, many people who legally owned certain firearms will no longer be able to possess them on their existing license conditions.

An amnesty will be put in place for weapons to be handed in from Thursday. Cabinet has directed officials to develop a buyback scheme, and Ardern said that further details would be announced "in due course."

Bush said gun drops would be set up at police stations so citizens could safely hand in guns.

"I can't emphasize enough that in the current environment it is important you do not take your now-unlawful firearm anywhere without notifying police," Bush said. "It is absolutely vital that we manage the safe and organized transport of all firearms into police custody."
PM Statement on Christchurch mosques terror attack - 21 March
MINISTER OF POLICE HON STUART NASH: Thank you Prime Minister. Two hours ago, I was amongst a group of Ministers who signed off on the order which tightens the law on the sale of assault rifles. It is an interim step until legislation can be introduced and passed to ban all military style semi-automatics. These measures will make a real difference to enable New Zealand to become a safer place.

As the Prime Minister has already said, the time to act is now. The order which is now in effect will discourage the potential stockpiling of these assault rifles and encourage people to continue to surrender their firearms. Dozens of farm-owners have come forward so far and I expect more will do so. Police are gearing up to enable these weapons to be taken out of circulation. They’ll be supported by the New Zealand Defence Force to enable safe storage, transport, and destruction of assault rifles and MSSAs. The Prime Minister has also alluded to – police are definitely encouraging firearms owners to go to the police website and use the online form to arrange to hand over the MSSAs assault rifles. Finally, I want to remind that it is a privilege and not a right to own a firearm in New Zealand. We know that there are many gun owners with legitimate reasons for owning firearms especially in our rural and provincial communities. This work is not directed at them. Our focus is on ensuring the immediate safety and peace of mind of our communities.

No way around characterizing whats happening in SA as anything other than utter bullshit

The fact that the UN any most of the rest of the world is ignoring it is quite telling.......

There is some serious under reporting (or no reporting) going on right now. Here are the zones with almost no attention:
SA, France, Afghanistan, Sweden, Poland, Hungary.

Back
Top Bottom