Witnesses say many dead, injured in shooting at New Zealand mosque

LOL.

Welcome to Fuddville.

You need to get one of those rolled up Constitutions they sell down in Philadelphia shoved up your ass.

Plus maybe some intensive reading of cause and effect and how politicians use disasters to put into effect laws they always wanted to put into effect anyway.
Sound pretty tough, keyboard commando. Anyone tries to shove anything up my ass will be getting a steel-jacketed lead enema in return, no questions asked!

Americans don't panic buy firearms. They SPITE buy firearms.

"Oh, you don't want me to have this and are going to ban it? Well SCREW YOU I'M BUYING THREE!"
/to which NES responds, "LOL you don't already own 3?"

I've posted this before, I didn't have any AR-15's until CT decided to pass a law making it illegal to buy any new ones. I bought three of them before the law took effect. I also bought my first Glock with a "high-capacity" magazine at the same time, for the same reason.

I was (and am) seriously pissed off that a bunch of clowns who don't know anything about firearms think that passing laws that the law-abiding obey will do anything to stop evil people from committing atrocities. All these asshats are doing is making it more difficult for me to protect my family in a time of emergency. f that noise.

View attachment 275131

Oh what irony from this Twitter poster Anoush from said 31 year gun owner Kiwi Twitter feed.....#neveragain

I know that hashtag quote from somewhere....hmmm lemme think!

The high school kids from Parkland took that hashtag for their own.
And as a jew whose family fled from Hitler, some of whom didn't make it - they have no right to that slogan.
I have it engraved on one of my AR's.

What makes you think that's their motivation?

Valid point.

I know that a fair number of our legislators want to disarm us.
I'm not quite sure why.
Some of them I *think* honestly believe that it will make the world a safer place.
Others? Yeah - they don't like the peasants having guns.

So many politicians live in their own protected little worlds - it's not the same world that I live in.
And my world is pretty sane/safe; I'm pretty careful to keep it that way - don't go stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things, etc.

But that doesn't stop the stupid/evil from coming to me. And if it does, I want to be able to defend myself.
And I see no logic from any legislator that overrides that right of self-defense.

Sound pretty tough, keyboard commando. Anyone tries to shove anything up my ass will be getting a steel-jacketed lead enema in return, no questions asked!

Instead of putting the blame on politicians using every flimsy excuse they can find to shove laws down people's throats that take away their rights, you put the blame on people for not scurrying around in the shadows and kowtowing to said politicians.

Sorry - but you're doing it wrong.

And instead of sending lead in the direction of the guy who is pointing out your Fudd credentials - you should be sending it in the direction of the politicians who are overstepping their bounds.

Which is exactly why I made the comments I made in the first place.

The correct response to politicians overstepping their assigned place is "Phuck Off" - not telling people: " you caused this by keeping a rubber band and an AR-15 in the same house - and that's why we can't have machine guns now!!"

I've posted this before, I didn't have any AR-15's until CT decided to pass a law making it illegal to buy any new ones. I bought three of them before the law took effect. I also bought my first Glock with a "high-capacity" magazine at the same time, for the same reason.

I was (and am) seriously pissed off that a bunch of clowns who don't know anything about firearms think that passing laws that the law-abiding obey will do anything to stop evil people from committing atrocities. All these asshats are doing is making it more difficult for me to protect my family in a time of emergency. f that noise.

Sounds like you buy guns for similar reasons to why I buy guns.

Every time some asshat politician comes out and starts making noise about restricting firearms - I go buy more.

There are many ways register a vote. That is one of them.

Americans don't panic buy firearms. They SPITE buy firearms.

"Oh, you don't want me to have this and are going to ban it? Well SCREW YOU I'M BUYING THREE!"
/to which NES responds, "LOL you don't already own 3?"

This is exactly correct.

And exactly why I told 308rifleman he needs to swirl a copy of the Constitution around his butthole.

If you're not telling people who want to infringe on your rights to phuck off by taking concrete action - you're not really an American.

Telling people : " you incited the politicians into doing bad things!!" - is doing it wrong and putting the blame in the wrong place.

That's really my core problem with a lot of the immigration into this country. I don't see too many of the people coming in adopting that attitude.

I DO know people who have the attitude, and I'm glad to have them here as "fellow Americans". And I don't really care if they're Chinese, Russian, black African, Indian - whatever.

But we've far more than enough home-grown anti-Americans here already - we REALLY do not need any more.

New Zealand PM vows mosque attacker will remain 'nameless' | DW | 19.03.2019

At a special session of parliament to commemorate the victims of the attack, Ardern vowed never to mention the accused by name in order to deny him a platform.

Ardern opened her speech to parliament by saying "peace be upon you" in Arabic, a common greeting in Muslim-majority countries, before reading the names of the victims. She vowed to deliver justice to the "families of the fallen."

What the prime minister said:

• "I implore you: speak the names of those who were lost, rather than the name of the man who took them. He may have sought notoriety, but we in New Zealand will give him nothing, not even his name."
  • "We will also look at the role social media played and what steps we can take ... There is no question that ideas and language of division and hate have existed for decades, but their form of distribution, the tools of organization, they are new."
  • "We cannot simply sit back and accept that these platforms just exist and that what is said on them is not the responsibility of the place where they are published. They are the publisher, not just the postman. There cannot be a case of all profit, no responsibility."
  • "This of course doesn't take away the responsibility we too must show as a nation, to confront racism, violence and extremism. I don't have all of the answers now, but we must collectively find them, and we must act."
---------------------

She should also mention that there will be no words about the slow police response and no words about people's rights to defend themselves. Those were just canceled!

The entire world has decided to keep Saudis nameless for the rest of our lives.
It Wasn’t Just Khashoggi: A Saudi Prince’s Brutal Drive to Crush Dissent

Muslim and Government Officials Plan Next Steps in Christchurch
Ardern didn’t provide details of what changes may be proposed, but altering the country’s gun laws was a topic of conversation Dr. Mohomad Anwar Sahib, chairman of the New Zealand Islamic Information Centre (NZIIC) and Imam of the center’s Masjid at-Taqwa, had with several members of the community during his daylong visit to Christchurch from Auckland.

The issue of what to do, if anything, about New Zealand’s firearm regulations “was one of the most important topics” we discussed, Anwar said.

While some have called for an outright ban on guns, Anwar notes that New Zealand's legislative process doesn’t enable the prime minister to make instant changes to laws.

“This is a democratic country. She (Prime Minister Arden) can't say ‘Stop the guns.’ It goes through so many channels before it can happen,” he said.

Anwar likened the debate on gun control to a “catch 22 situation” saying, “If you ban it, there are situations to it. If you allow it, there are issues with it.”

“I don't think it’s (white supremacy) any longer a fringe movement, it is certainly coming of age. It is being globalized at a very rapid pace,” said Erroll Southers, a professor of national and homeland security at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.

Southers asserts one reason for increased white supremacist rhetoric hangs on immigration and a “notion that there's a ticking clock down to the eventual what these extremists will call ‘white genocide’ of their respective communities in nations around the world.”

Another factor says Southers is “the issue is one of believing that there's no longer a place for white people [in the world], and unfortunately this is an international threat that knows no borders and they believe that the only way to combat this is now violence.”

And that is a concern for the Muslim community in New Zealand.

Anwar explains that violent speech tends to begin in “other places and then gradually it comes down to Australia and by the time it arrives to New Zealand, it's quite far away (been diluted and is not as intense)... that’s why what happened here is unprecedented.”

While the history of New Zealand has changed after the attacks, said Anwar, “That doesn’t mean we, as a people, have changed. We stand united together as one, and we are supportive of each other.”

“But,” he said, “the fear will always be there. Once it’s happened, it can happen again.”
-----------------
Erroll Southers - Wikipedia
During the confirmation process, Southers offered an inconsistent account of database searches for criminal records on his estranged wife's boyfriend in the 1980s, which McClatchyreported in 2010 was with regard to Southers’ concern for his infant son's safety.[13] He corrected his testimony in a Nov. 22, 2009, letter to the Senate.[14]

On January 10, 2010, Southers withdrew his nomination, saying in a statement released by the White House, “My nomination has become a lightning rod for those who have chosen to push a political agenda at the risk of the safety and security of the American people.”[15]

;)

Last edited:
Shows how one f***head can screw it for everyone. Hungerford (UK gun owners lost their semiauto rifles and shotguns), Dunblane (UK gun owners lost their handguns), Montreal (Canadian gun owners lost their semiauto rifles and shotguns) and Tasmania (Australian gun owners lost all semiauto long guns plus all pump shotguns). Now this in New Zealand. Even gun-friendly Texas severely restricted the private possession of full-auto weapons in 1933, one year before the National Firearms Act of 1934 was signed into law. Texas gun owners can thank one of their own, Hyman S. Lebman, for that law. He provided custom-made automatic weapons to gangsters, who used them to kill FBI agents and other LEOs. The fact that Lebman did not pull the trigger himself is irrelevant. His negligence help get more anti-gun laws passed at both the state and federal levels.
We aren’t losing our guns because bad people are doing evil things with guns. We’re losing guns because politicians want more power over us and a disarmed populace is powerless.

I am amazed, even here, that people bemoan a mass shooting complaining that we’ll lose rights. Or are afraid that the next mass shooting is around the corner. There are evil people in the world and there will always be a mass shooting around the corner and the mass shooting is the very reason we need guns in the first place.

Liberty is messy. On any school day in America there is absolutely nothing keeping someone with guns from entering most schools and pulling another Sandy Hook x2 or x3. Nothing.

My response to the next shooting, rather than bemoan the fact that evil people exist and the event will be used as a smokescreen to pass restrictive gun laws, is to recognize that a good person with a gun could have stopped it.

We aren’t losing our guns because bad people are doing evil things with guns. We’re losing guns because politicians want more power over us and a disarmed populace is powerless.

I am amazed, even here, that people bemoan a mass shooting complaining that we’ll lose rights. Or are afraid that the next mass shooting is around the corner. There are evil people in the world and there will always be a mass shooting around the corner and the mass shooting is the very reason we need guns in the first place.

Liberty is messy. On any school day in America there is absolutely nothing keeping someone with guns from entering most schools and pulling another Sandy Hook x2 or x3. Nothing.

My response to the next shooting, rather than bemoan the fact that evil people exist and the event will be used as a smokescreen to pass restrictive gun laws, is to recognize that a good person with a gun could have stopped it.

Sheep around us do not want any responsibility. Is anybody responsible for their kids? Is anybody teaching their kids or is the teaching part outsourced to some kind of an underpaid teacher?

Nobody wants to be a good person with a gun because you may possibly die.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1107498232081461248

View attachment 275131

Oh what irony from this Twitter poster Anoush from said 31 year gun owner Kiwi Twitter feed.....#neveragain

I know that hashtag quote from somewhere....hmmm lemme think!

What the hell kind of New Zealander is named Anoush Anou?

Oh yea. Just a "paperwork New Zealander".

Wracked with guilt over the actions of someone else.
Christchurch terror attack: Kiwis begin to voluntarily return their semi-automatic rifles
He took to Twitter to urge other semi-automatic rifle owners to do the same.

"Until today I was one of the New Zealanders who owned a semi-automatic rifle. On the farm they are a useful tool in some circumstances, but my convenience doesn't outweigh the risk of misuse," he posted.

"We don't need these in our country. We have make sure it's #NeverAgain."

Shows how one f***head can screw it for everyone. Hungerford (UK gun owners lost their semiauto rifles and shotguns), Dunblane (UK gun owners lost their handguns), Montreal (Canadian gun owners lost their semiauto rifles and shotguns) and Tasmania (Australian gun owners lost all semiauto long guns plus all pump shotguns). Now this in New Zealand. Even gun-friendly Texas severely restricted the private possession of full-auto weapons in 1933, one year before the National Firearms Act of 1934 was signed into law. Texas gun owners can thank one of their own, Hyman S. Lebman, for that law. He provided custom-made automatic weapons to gangsters, who used them to kill FBI agents and other LEOs. The fact that Lebman did not pull the trigger himself is irrelevant. His negligence help get more anti-gun laws passed at both the state and federal levels.

Been here in Texas 9 months now. It isn’t as gun friendly as you think. Yes I love it and yes I’m very happy here but it can be very Massachusetts like, just from the opposite angle. It’s a big G government state with more privatization of services. For example - the LTC process is about the same as mass - minus suitability and you don’t need a license to buy an gun but they’re not even close to constitutional carry. You need a license to even open carry. Arizona it ain’t. Autos have a mandatory inspection requirement- they just outsource it to a private company. For a free state there’s plenty of regulation, they just regulate differently

Instead of putting the blame on politicians using every flimsy excuse they can find to shove laws down people's throats that take away their rights, you put the blame on people for not scurrying around in the shadows and kowtowing to said politicians.

Sorry - but you're doing it wrong.

And instead of sending lead in the direction of the guy who is pointing out your Fudd credentials - you should be sending it in the direction of the politicians who are overstepping their bounds.

Which is exactly why I made the comments I made in the first place.

The correct response to politicians overstepping their assigned place is "Phuck Off" - not telling people: " you caused this by keeping a rubber band and an AR-15 in the same house - and that's why we can't have machine guns now!!"
Sorry it came across that way. Just my Confederate temper getting the best of me! Look, I am just as pissed off as you and everyone else here about having to pay the price for the actions of psychos. People react on emotion rather than thought WRT preventing further mass murders and demand action from their elected officials. Licensed gun owners are by far the minority here in Massachusetts. Heck, if you don't own at least one firearm in Alabama, people think something's wrong with you. Just last week, my wife, Jill, told me that our oldest daughter, 6 year old little Jill, wanted to invite a couple of friends from school over to our house to play. I said sure, why not? Parents should know who their kids hang out with, right? All OK until one of the kids' mothers asked my wife if we keep guns at home. Jill said yes, but they are locked up in a safe. The woman refused to allow her daughter to visit, which really hurt little Jill's feelings. That is the mentality here. It starts early when kids are taught that guns are dangerous and that only police and members of the armed forces should have them. Parents are scared to send their kids to school and politicians, as usual, are using this as an excuse to appease the voters for personal gain. I do not see this trend reversing itself anytime soon, especially in this part of the country.

Back
Top Bottom