Witness

My Bro-In-Law had a Witness .45 and wants me to buy it from him. I don't know anything about this brand. It seems to be well constructed and doesn't seem loose or flimsy. I think he wants $250-ish for it.

If anyone knows anything about the brand could you let me know if I should jump on it or pass.

Thanks!

I do now... I never really get time to look through the site too much. I'm usually posting between test setups... I'm at work when I'm on this site. I live in the dark ages at home... dial up! If I absolutely have to go online at home I will, but I since I use high-speed internet at work I attribute dial up to much like reusing an old condom.

My Bro-In-Law had a Witness .45 and wants me to buy it from him. I don't know anything about this brand. It seems to be well constructed and doesn't seem loose or flimsy. I think he wants $250-ish for it.

If anyone knows anything about the brand could you let me know if I should jump on it or pass.

Thanks!

I already have a .45 Witness, and if I found one for $250 I'd have 2. Mine has been completely reliable, has a good trigger, and is easy to fieldstrip/clean. It never gets left behind if I'm going shooting.

Benefits include

10 round capacity in .45
carry choice of cocked & locked, or da/sa
good out of the box single action trigger
reliable (mine's fed every type of ammo I've put in it from FMJ's to a wide variety of HP's)
easy to maintain
inexpensive ($250 is a steal, but they don't cost a ton of money to begin with. Avg $400ish)

Problems

finding holsters isn't easy
it's big and heavy, so it's not the greatest carry gun
if you live in MA, getting parts and mags might not be the easiest thing. (They're really easy to get online, but I don't know about getting gun parts/accessories shipped to MA)

Go buy that thing right now. You will not regret it.

If you don't buy it, tell him I will.

Last edited:
Well, He actually wants $350 and I got him down to $300.00. I told him I'll buy it. He's gonna hold it for me until I scrap the money together. I have to fly under the radar cuz my wife thinks I already have enough guns... (she thinks one is enough...[rolleyes])

I did a little reading on it and it seems like a really good peice. You can get different caliber barrels for it amd make it a .40 cal. That's kinda what sold me on it.

Back
Top Bottom