10mm EAA Witness or Sig 220

I want to add a 10mm to the stable. I have narrowed it down I think to either a Sig 220 or the EAA Tanfoglio Witness Limited. I don't really want a Glock or 1911 framed gun. The SW 1006 are really hard to find so any thoughts on the above two?

I've got the Limited Witness in 10mm and I love it. Not sure if you're in Mass or not, but being stuck with 10 rounders for it would frustrate me to no end (especially since you can get almost 20 with some of Henning Walgren's basepads).

I know you said no Glock, but, G20 is really one of the best options in 10mm. Especially with a long slide -- either the new G40, or get a LWD slide/barrel for a G20 frame.

Those new P220 SAO Stainless Elites are sexy though. I kinda want one -- just not at MSRP.

I have a Sig P220 SAO Stainless Elite. It is a really beautiful handgun and is built like a tank. Way more accurate than I will ever be. I love it. I have no experience with the EAA so I cannot comment. However, I will say that the Sig is worth every penny.

Last edited:
Either? Both? I don't think I could make a choice, I want both. If the magazine issue in MA is a problem for you, then the 220.

Not that I don't like my G20 and G29, too. But I don't have the G40 yet either, so that's on the list, too.

Witness all day long and twice on Sunday. Much lower bore axis. Lots of the cool kids in USPSA are using Witnesses these days, so lots of people know how to tune them.

I have a Sig P220 SAO Stainless Elite. It is a really beautiful handgun and is built like a tank. Way more accurate than I will ever be. I love it. I have no experience with the EAA so I cannot comment. However, I will say that the Sig is worth every penny.

Second that. I put some shit through mine that is in the mid 41 magnum level of thump. Thing didn't even hiccup. However everyone at the range jumped about a country mile

Back
Top Bottom