Winnar! Teen commits murder/attempt.murder over Halo 3

Those that know me, know mine AREN'T locked up (ask Ross). I houseproof the kids, not childproof the house. We have young ones over ALL the time, with ZERO troubles. They know not to bother them, and they don't go into the rooms where they are stored, even with the door unlocked and open.
Well... your grandson DID have to move all the rifles off of the cot in the spare room before he could sleep on it, as I recall. [laugh]

Yeah, but he's no youngster, either. 13 and been to a few Appleseeds alredy, and knows his way around guns fairly well. The young ones I was referring to are around 4-5 years old.

+1. It's a crying shame Dad survived, hopefully he's too old to further pollute the gene pool. He sure failed as a father, and damned sure didn't lock that gun up very well.

Nickle,

I'm a little uncomfortable with your response which suggests or implies that somehow the kid isn't responsible, that it is really the father's fault and the kid is a victim because of improper upbringing. I know that isn't where your're coming from, still I don't buy into that environnment stuff as much as I used to. The kid is 17, old enough to join the military (with parental permission). He made choices and now his life is ruined forever as is his father's.

You know sometimes parents try very hard, do all the right things and their offspring still turn out to be wretched monsters.

There is a whole lot more to this story...that's for sure.

Mark L.

Nickle,

I'm a little uncomfortable with your response which suggests or implies that somehow the kid isn't responsible, that it is really the father's fault and the kid is a victim because of improper upbringing.

Blame the kid? You bet I do.

I also think Dad is a moron here.

Seems to me that properly raised kids don't, as a rule, turn into punks like this. Dad should have raised a MAN not a punk kid.

yeah, there's probably more there than what we heard, but also probably nowhere near enough to change my opinion. Sometimes good parents raise crappy kids, no matter how hard they tried, and I'll wager good money this isn't one of those times. Dad's response to the situation AFTER the fact is my clue.

Without going into details, we had an incident within the family last night (as in around midnight). The 16 year old grandson (sort of, girlfriend's grandson) did the RIGHT thing, and defused the situation, without violence, though he was ready if he needed to. That's what happens when they're raised right. I've only been around him for the past 2 1/2 years, and I've had my effect on him, plus the effect from his mother and grandmother. His father is a real POS and has been divorced from the mother for quite some time now (and it wasn't this guy).

Yes, I'm pretty proud of that young man.

I got a chill on the back of my neck when I read the part where he asks his parents to close their eyes because he had a surprise for them......WOW! It takes a very "special" kind of person.

/John

I'm not really sure how you can be homebound but still go over friends houses?

I spent a year homebound when I was 14 due to a broken leg that became infected with staph and required 3 surgeries. I was in a cast up to my hip. I only got to see friends when my parents had time to bring me to their houses or they could come to mine. When you are used to seeing them everyday at school or meeting them when ever you like it gets really frustrating to sit at home knowing they are at school together day after day. Not that shooting anyone ever crossed my mind or that I think it in anyway justifies what this punk did.

Back
Top Bottom