Wilmington Show 9/9 & 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKS Ray

NES Member
I see an add in the latest Shotgun News for a gun show at the Shriners in Wilmington on Sept 9th & 10th. I don't remember seeing a flyer for this one and haven't gotten a coupon in the mail. Is this a misprint?

Call Shriners Auditorium during the workday and ask them. That would be the easiest and most definitive way to find out. (978) 657-4202x20 or (781) 665-6466 Please report results back here. Thanks.

It appears that Greg (president of Mansfield F&G) was unaware of that date when I asked when the Shriners show might be held.

I heard a recording of events that lists something for Sept. 10th but its definitely doesn't sound like a gun show.

Aleppo Temple hasn't listed any of the gun shows that have been held there in the past few years (even the ones that I know actually happened there).

That's why I didn't recommend the website to him.

I think that some "internal politics" (anti-gun sentiment) is at play here.

Only way to know is make the phone call and talk with a human.

Not your fault.

YEARS AGO, they listed the gun shows in the monthly newspaper sent to all members of Aleppo Temple.

I noticed perhaps 3 years ago that they no longer list the gun shows, even if they actually hold them there.

I am a Life Member of Aleppo Temple, but no longer attend any of the Shriners' meetings or I would have a chat with someone about it.

I suspect that whoever is responsible for the calendar is an anti-gunner, but I don't have a clue who is responsible for the calendar. And I have no proof, it's just my gut reaction to not seeing any listings for so long.

On the other hand, dates/shows do get canceled so it pays to check before venturing out any distance and getting disappointed when you find that there is no show.

I wast alking to Jim (at Zero Hour last night) he ussually gets a few tables for this show. He has not herd anything about it.

Now this is interesting. I just got the latest SGN and there's an ad for a gun show at the Shriner's in Wilmington next weekend.

I'll try to remember to call the number on Tuesday and see if I can get the real story.

Gary

I remember driving up to the Shriners for a gun show, only to find there was some mistake made and there wasn't one. That was 8 or 9 years ago. Always leary when I see a shriners' show listed.

It would help if those joining this thread late, would bother to read ALL of the thread before heading to Wilmington.

According to one dealer who I spoke with today at the Concord show, there will be NO MORE gun shows in Wilmington. Reason he told me was that the Shrine jacked the rent up too high to be worthwhile for Carole to use the place and expect to make a profit.

New location for gun shows (as a substitute for Wilmington) will be Sheraton in Danvers. I do NOT know of any dates yet, although I am told that it will likely be in Feb 2007.

Thanks for the link Len. I must have skipped over this thread and lost it.
Danvers isn't too far from me. A bit further than Wilmington and so is 2007 but its still a long way away and November elections are coming up. [hmmm]
I always liked the Wilmington show because there was one guy with his wife that sold ammo and magazines and Wilmington was the only show I ever saw him at. He was from NY and had GREAT prices like $99 for a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 even when Wolf was getting $160 a case. Plus Albanian 7.62x54 at good prices too. Hope he truns up at another show now.

Finally something a bit more local for me!!! Danvers is right next door! If and when the show happens at the Sheraton in Danvers I'd be happy to arrange a nice dinner at a local watering hole for NES members. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Chris

Finally something a bit more local for me!!! Danvers is right next door! If and when the show happens at the Sheraton in Danvers I'd be happy to arrange a nice dinner at a local watering hole for NES members. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Chris

I picked up the flyer today. Feb 24th and 25th, 2007. 250 table firearm and knife show. Sheraton Fercroft Resort, 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers, MA.
Small show, half the size of today's Marlboro show by table numbers advertised, but I've heard its a small place and it is a new show after all.

I picked up the flyer today. Feb 24th and 25th, 2007. 250 table firearm and knife show. Sheraton Fercroft Resort, 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers, MA.
Small show, half the size of today's Marlboro show by table numbers advertised, but I've heard its a small place and it is a new show after all.

Man... I went to a PROM at the Sheraton Ferncroft... Wow... Memoreeeez...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom