• Hell, No

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
I dropped a 12 ga round in the driveway around the 1st of December. Plastic crimped end.

Apparently the brass is only brass plated as there is rust on the metal end.

It sat in piles of snow and went thru all the rain we had this winter.

Will it fire? I will try it later at the range but what say you guys?

Last edited:
I picked up one from the woods yesterday. 1oz rifled slug, 2 3/4" shell. I did not want to try it, but pulled it apart and the powder was clean and free flowing. I wager that your's fires.

I have fired worse through my Remington. The corrosion doesn't mean much, the breech holds the pressure. I used to buy these shot shells that were all plastic including the base and primer pocket. Can't remember the name of the company. There shells sucked for hunting and could not be reloaded but just goes to show you the brass does not really do much for holding the pressure.

I have fired worse through my Remington. The corrosion doesn't mean much, the breech holds the pressure. I used to buy these shot shells that were all plastic including the base and primer pocket. Can't remember the name of the company. There shells sucked for hunting and could not be reloaded but just goes to show you the brass does not really do much for holding the pressure.

Active.

And yes, it will fire.

Thanks, just got done looking it up myself since I couldn't remember the name of those POS shells. See gunbroker has a case of 12g Activ shells. I stand corrected on the construction though...I guess they do have a small metal ring cast into the base to support the primer.

If that'll fire, I'll bet the two 16ga shells I found half buried in the yard will.

Karma, you accept all associated liability.[laugh]

The 'brass' is for show only. It has been since they went away from paper hulls.

It'll go off.

That's why I wouldn't fire it - I don't know these things :)

Learn something new every day.

So, did it go bang?

ETA: yeah, guess that also should mean I should keep my mouth shut on stuff, too...at least I was advocating the cautious side

Last edited:
It will shoot. Factory shotgun ammo is usually sealed up pretty good on both ends. My reloads...sometimes a different story.

Back
Top Bottom