Wiggle between upper and lower on AR

OP: How much play are you talking about? Consider that AR-15 uppers and lowers are, by design, held together with pins meant to come out with no tools, or the tip of a bullet. I have been to Windham and taken a factory tour and armorers course. Their QC is extremely stringent. They had lower receiver rejects that had nothing wrong with them, aside from a tiny dot imperfection. They would not ship if there was something wrong. Of course things can slip through the cracks, but if all you are talking about is a very small amount of play, that should be normal. Don't buy an accuwedge, and dont stick anything in there, it isn't necessary.
If you have a problem please contact Erik Winter. He is head gunsmith and tech support over at WW. [email protected]
Where do you live? I may go to range tomorrow, I'll take a look at it if you are local enough.
And of course, if you really don't like it, I'll do the obligatory NES offer to take it off of your hands : ).

Thanks for the info. It's just a slight wiggle, not sure how else to describe it. Sounds like it is normal from what others are saying. I too would be surprised if WW shipped it if it was out of tolerance. The main reason I picked Windham was for their reputation on quality and positive feedback from a lot of gun shops I called while researching AR's.

As for selling it..... I haven't even fired it yet!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

post The Picture.

Do it.

AR lower vagina:

2mwhzs9.jpg

LMAO.

Normal for a shitty rifle.

Get an AK and then you won't have that chintzy "Made In China" feeling from your shoulder mounted plastic toy.

Shoulder a piece of hardened steel and your dick grows a verifiable 3 inches in length. Why do you think I walk with a gimp- it's from me stepping on my dick all of the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom