Wifes first time shooting

MXD

Not bad at all. She is only about 5'3" maybe 110 so my full size M&P 9 was a bit too big for her hand. I gave her a full safety lesson at home before we went then I loaded the magazine 1 round at a time and let her insert and rack it from there. This was her result from about 14 feet. I realize it is only 14 feet but like I said, she has never shot before. Also, I wanted to make sure she did well the first time out so she would be encouraged to continue. I did not realize it would be that easy for her. Her next 10 were from 21 and the grouping spread a couple inches but still very good for her first time.

Beth-Range.jpg

Last edited:
I would say it wasnt too big for her hand, you just needed an excuse to explain why she shoots better than you do !! :eek:)

Thats great MXD I'm hoping my wife follows suit once I get my license and start going to the range. She's a little bitty thing too, 5ft 100 pounds soaking wet.

Is that with the MA thousand lb trigger? Impressive either way. [grin]

It was with the original trigger. I dropped it off to Greg Derr 3 days later and just got it back. I'll report on the new trigger as soon as I hit the range this week. Just dry firing it feels much smoother though.

It was with the original trigger. I dropped it off to Greg Derr 3 days later and just got it back. I'll report on the new trigger as soon as I hit the range this week. Just dry firing it feels much smoother though.

I had Greg work on my wife's fullsize M&P9 and it's a world of difference to her now. MUCH nicer to shoot.

I realize it is only 14 feet

more then likely if she is going to need it for protection, 14 feet (and less) is the distance it will occur. I'd say that is pretty damn good.

And welcome to another new shooter

She loved it. She is taking the class and getting her LTC A ALP. She has her eye on the Sig 232.
Make sure she shoots one before she buys as they can sting a little more then a full size.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Back
Top Bottom