why has nobody made a cut down version of the m1a scout mount?

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
i am trying to come up with a way to mount an aimpoint micro or other type of micro dot sight to the m1a scout/socom that will co-witness or at least provide good cheek weld without going with the ultimak top rail.

looking at the SA mount on an m1a scout it seems like you could make it to sit lower for these micro dot sights, low enough to provide the oh so desired co-witness we are all looking for. i am surprised larue or sei have not come up with some kind of cut down top rail piece that would bolt right to the springfield lower mount?

unless im missing something.

anyways, some pics to splain what i be talkin bout... discuss.

Iirc you would have to lose something like half an inch plus of height. Impossible with the internals of the M1a. The stock peep sits damn low in relation to the bore. Look at the channel they had to create on the mount just to get functional irons.

Iirc you would have to lose something like half an inch plus of height. Impossible with the internals of the M1a. The stock peep sits damn low in relation to the bore. Look at the channel they had to create on the mount just to get functional irons.

you are probably right. someone sent me a link to this on arfcom it may be worth a try

Midwest Industries: MI M14/M1A Mini Dot Mount

Burris Fastfire III & that mount.

Have you thought of a Leupold scout scope (2.5) or a Burris Scout (2.75)?
The 2.5 would only be like 2.2 actually.

smitty

Burris Fastfire III & that mount.

Have you thought of a Leupold scout scope (2.5) or a Burris Scout (2.75)?
The 2.5 would only be like 2.2 actually.

smitty

pretty set on going with the aimpoint t1, this gun is setup for in close shooting with a suppressor, if i can get it to co-witness i will use irons for anything >150-200 yards if need be. putting a scope on the fore end of the gun weighs it down too much to be useful to me.

troy mcs is out of the question due to weight. If i can get away without using the ultimak i will but if i have to i will im just not a fan of the look of it

Back
Top Bottom