• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why does Mother Nature hate me?!?!

Ok so most of us shoot in the rain, myself included, and some of you are so hardcore that you shoot when fire and brimstone are falling from the sky because you have to know how to do it when that stuff happens at the end of the world, I get it.

Now does anyone else actually have a reply to the OP's question regarding an indoor rifle friendly range in the New Bedford/Fall River area?

Actually, he was asking about 100/200 yd indoor and rifle friendly, never heard of one of those.

I'm guessing you shoot at the New Bedford range where they take down the canopy after summer.

If you don't mind the drive to Rochester, Sippican has covered ranges. 25 pistol, 50 plinking, and 100 target.

They never had that when I used to go there years ago. All they had were ticks, ticks for daaays...

Does anyone know the prices or times for woodcock range ? I can't find a website for it and I called and no one picked up. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the prices or times for woodcock range ? I can't find a website for it and I called and no one picked up. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$40 a year for residents of new b/dart and $60 for anyone else. Don't quote me on hours but I believe it's 8 to 3-4 everyday except Wednesday they're open till 8pm.

Yearly membership at Woodcock is $60; $40 if you live in New Bedford or Dartmouth. (The range is technically owned/run by the New Bedford Parks Department even though it's located in Dartmouth.) As to hours, I'm not certain. They are open 7 days a week, and I believe the hours are from 9:00am to 3:00pm. It is run by volunteers, so the hours may vary. Keep calling. Eventually you'll wake up one of the guys sleeping in the range house and you'll get your questions answered. [laugh]

As far as I know one doesn't exist around here. That's why I figured opinions on any indoor rifle range would help him out.

The only one I've seen & shot in Mass was at the Smith & Wesson training academy in Worcester. Granted this was a USPSA pistol match with a stage set up in the range. I'd wager it's not open to the public like their main facility but perhaps if you talk to the right people and get some info there's a chance.

Last edited:
Ok so most of us shoot in the rain, myself included, and some of you are so hardcore that you shoot when fire and brimstone are falling from the sky because you have to know how to do it when that stuff happens at the end of the world, I get it.

Now does anyone else actually have a reply to the OP's question regarding an indoor rifle friendly range in the New Bedford/Fall River area?

Indoor range at Acushnet. Nevermind . Not rifle friendly.

$40 a year for residents of new b/dart and $60 for anyone else. Don't quote me on hours but I believe it's 8 to 3-4 everyday except Wednesday they're open till 8pm.

awesome. Thank for the quick reply. I just got my LTC-A no restrictions, i just purchased my M&P shield 9mm and im dying to put some rounds down range.

- - - Updated - - -

Yearly membership at Woodcock is $60; $40 if you live in New Bedford or Dartmouth. (The range is technically owned/run by the New Bedford Parks Department even though it's located in Dartmouth.) As to hours, I'm not certain. They are open 7 days a week, and I believe the hours are from 9:00am to 3:00pm. It is run by volunteers, so the hours may vary. Keep calling. Eventually you'll wake up one of the guys sleeping in the range house and you'll get your questions answered. [laugh]

Great help! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing, can you bring a guest? or would that person need to buy a membership as well? Thanks!

The only things I don't shoot in the rain are my expensive milsurps. P.08, M1 carbine, etc...

Anything else, shoot the hell out of it and clean it later.

So I recently bought a few new guns and everytime I have a day off it rains to spoil my plans to hit the range. Anyone know of an indoor rifle friendly range in the New Bedford/ Fall River area maybe 100/200 yards?

me too...bought a new Harley this spring and it seems to rain every ****ing day. Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom