Why does Mother Nature hate me?!?!

So I recently bought a few new guns and everytime I have a day off it rains to spoil my plans to hit the range. Anyone know of an indoor rifle friendly range in the New Bedford/ Fall River area maybe 100/200 yards?

So I recently bought a few new guns and everytime I have a day off it rains to spoil my plans to hit the range. Anyone know of an indoor rifle friendly range in the New Bedford/ Fall River area maybe 100/200 yards?

We are shooters not golfers. Put on a rain coat.

I'm guessing you shoot at the New Bedford range where they take down the canopy after summer.

If you don't mind the drive to Rochester, Sippican has covered ranges. 25 pistol, 50 plinking, and 100 target.

Ladies and gentlemen, the SHTF and GO time will be postponed until further notice, due to harsh weather conditions.
Forchrissakes, wear a coat and gloves if you have to. Welcome to New England, motherf....

I'm guessing you shoot at the New Bedford range where they take down the canopy after summer.

If you don't mind the drive to Rochester, Sippican has covered ranges. 25 pistol, 50 plinking, and 100 target.

I really wish they'd put roofs over the firing lines at Woodcock. The canopy does help keep the rain off, but there's nothing on the rest of the line. I can deal with most weather, but something to keep the rain off would be nice.

I use these opportunities to go in my basement and reload/clean my guns.

Ladies and gentlemen, the SHTF and GO time will be postponed until further notice, due to harsh weather conditions.
Forchrissakes, wear a coat and gloves if you have to. Welcome to New England, motherf....

Looks like the next revolution/popular uprising will be a first with a rain date. [laugh]

Unless it's a monsoon, or blizzard out, harden the F up and just go. If they close the ranges due to a bit of rain, join a range/club that's not full of weeping vag's... Get a waterproof jacket and wear a frackin hat if you don't like feeling the rain. IMO, as long as you can still see the target, it's not raining/snowing hard enough to prevent a range trip. [grin]

Oh, and mother nature doesn't like her sons to be pussies. [rofl2]

> Buy Mosin Nagant
> Buy full-length wool overcoat and ushanka
> Shoot cheap ammo out of glorious Soviet invention the way it was intended: outdoors in the freezing cold and 3ft of snow
> ????
> Profit

I don't know if you're preparing for hunting or defense but both occur in bad weather. If you're looking for sympathy, you probably won't find much here. Get out and shoot. You won't melt.

I sighted in my rifle shooting prone on snow/ice this weekend.

No sympathy for you!
bth_Seinfeld-Soup-Nazi.jpg

Not looking for sympathy at all... The second part of the post was me asking about clubs in my area that offer both indoor and outdoor. Planned on going today anyways but the one I go to doesn't renew on Sundays.

Ok so most of us shoot in the rain, myself included, and some of you are so hardcore that you shoot when fire and brimstone are falling from the sky because you have to know how to do it when that stuff happens at the end of the world, I get it.

Now does anyone else actually have a reply to the OP's question regarding an indoor rifle friendly range in the New Bedford/Fall River area?

Not looking for sympathy at all... The second part of the post was me asking about clubs in my area that offer both indoor and outdoor. Planned on going today anyways but the one I go to doesn't renew on Sundays.

I'm just breaking balls. It does suck plenty when the weather doesn't hold up. I need to hurry up and join a range that actually has a rifle range, much less cover.

Rain means there will be less or no other shooters at the range...
Rain is your friend.

dafuq! i was out at the outdoor range this morning and it was full lol, trap shooting going on as well.

Step 1. Buy soviet made workhorse
step 2. Cover it with mud and dirt for camouflage
Step 3. Use it in every weather condition and don't clean after shooting 3k rounds.
step 4. Win

on a serious note MFS and AFS are great ranges. Not extremely far from New Bedford. Although nothing seems far in ma after making several trips around idaho anywhere from 1-5 hours

i would have gone skeet shooting today with the rain and 50mph winds.(would have been really fun) But I decided to go to church.

Last edited:
Looks like the next revolution/popular uprising will be a first with a rain date. [laugh]
I've been in San Diego when it was 55 degrees and raining. I've also been in Kentucky and Georgia when it snowed.

Let's just say the snow belt states do not need to fear an invasion from the southern tier.....

Back
Top Bottom