• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why can't I find stripper clips?

For the life of me I can not find any 7.62x39 stripper clips for my SKS. Even online I can find plenty for mosins and other milsurp cartridges/rifles but can't seem to fins the ones I need. Anyone know where in MA I can find them or have any insight as to why I can't find any?

you can buy russian ones on ebay. Also can pick up a case of yugo 1120 rounds on clips for about .30 cents per round.

my google fu is weak but if you cant find 7.62x39 clips on a search you might not be hooked up to the interneto_O

I have close to 40 of them I think, and they're all loaded up.

If you don't do ebay, check the next local gun show. I've seen boxes and boxes of random stripper clips at most shows I've been to.

Last edited:
I bought a case of Yugo surplus mostly so I could get my hands on some good quality military SKS clips. One case is 120 clips. I kept a couple handfuls and sold the rest in lots of 10 on eBay. One package stayed in MA, so maybe another user here bought from me. Actually got a pretty good price for them too, made the ammo very cheap if you don't mind the aggravation. Ammo is corrosive, so thorough, prompt cleaning is required.

New production clips have a bad reputation.

I just checked eBay and new manufactured ones appear to be sold out.....but used ones are available on eBay.....$24 for 10 of them which is a bit steep but if you need em....

there was a whole bag full at Patriot Arms in Ipswich on their bargain table not long ago

What are we bringing back dead threads for Halloween? OP is almost a year old.o_O

If he hasn't found stripper clips for his SKS by now, he's not looking hard enough.

What are we bringing back dead threads for Halloween? OP is almost a year old.o_O

If he hasn't found stripper clips for his SKS by now, he's not looking hard enough.

The similar threads thing at the bottom of the page, I think. There's been a rash of necroposting lately.

Gosh I'm so sorry to have replied so late and make you have to reply yourself about it being so late and everything. Wish I could spend so much time here so I can notice all that..

I use NCSTAR SKS stripper clips. They have been problem-free for me for about 8 years.
These were 1st gen though, in the green box. I have heard the next-gen in the black box had side rails that were slightly too wide and problematic. Also, the Gen 1 had a different blueing on them. The Gen 2 almost a powder coating. Even the plastic packaging looks different. The Gen 1 came covered in a soupy "cosmoline-like" oil. (as visible in the photo.) I would not be surprised if the Gen 1's were Chi-Com Mil surplus. If you see any of the Gen 1 Green boxes...buy them.
YMMV
~Matt

Gen 1
AAKC_grande.jpg

Gen 2

AAKC-2.jpg

Last edited:
For the life of me I can not find any 7.62x39 stripper clips for my SKS. Even online I can find plenty for mosins and other milsurp cartridges/rifles but can't seem to fins the ones I need. Anyone know where in MA I can find them or have any insight as to why I can't find any?

Try changing your "adult settings" for some reason searching for "dirty stripper clips" always takes up my entire afternoon....

Back
Top Bottom