Why aren't you out shooting on this beautiful day

I am setting up for a joint birthday party between me and a coworker. I also did some yard work today, which was fun, ugh.

Went to the range, then to pick up some ammo from an NES member, then back to the range.

Found out I really don't like my model 637 I just bought[sad]. So you all will be seeing it soon in the classified section.

As to yard work....hired someone....no I am not rich its cheaper than you think.

Depicts, stop on by the club on Monday if you can. I feel the urge to break out the SKS.....or maybe the AR.....or ....well you get the point

work all day... we'll see about one of the next few days. I got a hell of a lot of leaves to rake up though. Maybe the Mrs. will do them....

Just came back from the range. No fun what so ever the 22 upper I bought just didn't want to work. Don't know if it's the magazine,needs to be cleaned,lack of lubrication but my 223 came along and went thru a couple of hundred rounds so the day was not a complete waste.

No license yet. Had fun with the chainsaw instead. Now's the time to grab wood from the yards of friends without woodstoves or fireplaces!
_____
5 day waiting period?? But I'm mad NOW! - Homer Simpson

1. 2 mile walk
2. Wax antique car the size of Rhode Island
3. Return bottles and cans
4. Load car and go to dump
5. Mow lawn
6. Go to store and buy a mattress
7. Do laundry
8. Plant flower boxes
9. Put laundry away
10. Eat somewhere along the way
11. Read emails, surf web
12. Go to bed and recover

Maybe shoot tomorrow; not that early though.

MajSpud

I had RO duty at BR&P today until 3PM. Connected with Crab Pirate and shot his new S&W 10-6 (real sweet gun) and my M&P 9. My Wife shot her S&W 622 then we had to leave early to go to a movie this evening.

It was a beautiful day. Would have been a lot better if the BR&P outdoor pistol ranges were open. [thinking]

Went to the range, shot 250 rounds of .40S&W, 800 rounds of .22LR, received 1 casing burn on right cheek, 1 lump on the head from the guy next to me flinging brass, stopped on the way home had a big burger, fries and popcorn, all in all a great day!

Title says it all.

I have an itch for the range, but chores have tied me up. The pine needles won't rake themselves.[wink]

Why are you all here?

I did. Tried out my Mossberg 500 for the first time. Incredibly (for me) I put all five slugs at 50 yards on the paper (front bead, no rib, 18.5 inch barrel with a cylinder choke). Shot the 91/30 PU repro, CZ52, and got to test out the new Spike's .22 dedicated upper.

Worked 6 to 2 came home cleaned up ran up to Marlboro for some BBQ at Firefly's stopped at Bass Pro on the way home bought a new Savage in 17HMR
Overall good day

was too busy driving my M&P up go Greg Derr's place for a trigger job [smile]

NIIICE!!

Got to go to the range today, had to go all the way up to Bobs as I'm not a member anywhere [hmmm] put 350 through the xD .40 and 400 through the M&P 9c. Always a good time! (I'm almost tempted to go back tomorrow, but the drive kinda sucks)

Just as nice today..well so far atleast . Wishing I was out putting some holes in paper but cant afford club membership at the moment and definetly not standing in 2 hour line at MFL on a weekend ... Wishing I seriously had a big yard with no neighbors within rock throwing distance..

I'm itching to put rounds thru the 24/7 Pro in the worst way...its killin me not having somewhere to head off to this morning ! Anyone in S.NH wanna get together if you got somewhere we could head to ??

Later , Rob

Yesterday I had chores to do in the morning. Luckily I had worked in the yard during the evenings this past week so while my wife was at work I snuck over to the range and blasted off some rounds.

HSC was fairly active as there was an Appleseed was was going on and other assorted ranges were being used. The handgun range was taken up by a class, so I used the 25/50 yard range and zeroed my red dot on my AR and zeroed the Hi-Lux on the SPS-V.

I thought I had a rather productive day.

I'm on duty today but was pretty busy yesterday.
Shot a 50 shot Shuetzen match in the afternoon.
Throughout the day, we were all busy getting ready for the Eastern Mass Rifle matches. Last night, there was a great Shuetzen match dinner........No one walked away hungry.
I hope I get to do some practicing tomorrow.

Been in the hospital with my son since last Monday, at least they have free wi-fi to keep connected.

Hope the nurses don't freak out with the gun pics. [smile]

Becasue the ranges are closed due to an Archery Competition that takes over the club a couple of times a year.

Was at work yesterday, but had a great day at the range today with Fooped, Mrs Fooped, Aunt Fester, and Jenny from Maine (apparently it was take a chick to the range day). My wife finally had a good time shooting. She had a good time because she found a gun she likes shooting. On a funny note, the gun she had fun shooting was the .22 savage mark 2 that she bought me for christmas. She's already told me she's taking it back and putting a name tag on it so she can find it in the safe.

Just got back from a gorgeous day at the range.. Brought the gf who shot my AK for the first time.. she's a natural! nice groups at 100yards stock sights.. too bad she can't hit the side of a barn with her service piece... though it is a Steyer M 40. wtf are trapezoid sights all about? anyway great day of shootin..

It was a beautiful day. Would have been a lot better if the BR&P outdoor pistol ranges were open. [thinking]

This is getting very, very old. For all the money the range supposedly has you would think
they could move things along, as well as give their members half the dues back, since they
have effectively closed the outdoor pistol ranges for a freakin' year. I'm not a happy camper
and from talking with a lot of other members, I would say the natives are getting restless
with the lack of progress.

i know some members get peeved but i heard a bit recently from a PCS guy that the pistol ranges "are pretty much done". makes the drive up there not really worth it..

This is getting very, very old. For all the money the range supposedly has you would think
they could move things along, as well as give their members half the dues back, since they
have effectively closed the outdoor pistol ranges for a freakin' year. I'm not a happy camper
and from talking with a lot of other members, I would say the natives are getting restless
with the lack of progress.

Back
Top Bottom