• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's looking to buy the 365?

Actually yes I do. It's the point of the routine to make the predictable part into pure habit. Draw, safety off, shoot, that much is going to happen. I practice other posabilities, weak hand etc., but basics come first. The big reason I haven't switched to CC my P365 is that at last practice I did 200 rounds 2 at a time, and slipped when pushing the safety once. That's once too often. Can't remember last time I missed the safety on my Walther or S&W. But I'll get there.

And the need for practice applies whether you have a manual safety or not.

That's awesome. You are not normal. Keep it up.

Don

We could meet up at the range sometime and swap for a couple targets. The P238 would be a nice cross between the BG380 and P938, but more of a BG380 on steroids. I had the option to trade for it but chose the P938. I am definitely interested in trying the P365.

Happy to have you at Maynard Rod & Gun if you’re in the area any time after this weekend.

You are indeed the wise Saucrates whom I have read about in my college texts.
Nah man - but you crack me up. Far from Socrates... just an old Jarhead that has become a little bit of a gun nut, among other things. I love my Sigs, and my Colts, and my Smiths and my YHM's and my Remingtons and Bennelli's and...oh f***, I might have a problem...

365 ,Maybe.?....If I didn't already have the Glock 26. I'll wait a few more years for durability testing. G26 been around since 1995 and still one of the best sub-compacts in 9MM Screenshot 2019-09-12 at 2.11.03 PM.png Sig 365 has been around for what? 1 year 2 years(and been recalled once already)

Was visiting family in Albuquerque, (shoulda called sky). And Dad was showing me his birthday present from mom. A P365 SAS. I gotta admit, I like it. I may order one from a local shop.

Just out of curiosity, why both?

They both do the same job.

"because I want them both" is fine. ha.
Rethinking the smaller version may get the XL but the P365 with SAS slide was really sleek. In terms of the motivation for the normal P365 I’ve been having a hard time drawing the P938 smoothly IWB, I’ve got an Alpha Conceal holster on the way so I’ll try with that but for some reason I’m just not getting the low draw times I would like compared with a Glock 30S and Glock 45.

If you are a glock shooter then you are definitely better off with the 365 in any flavor. People underestimate how much effort it takes to get truly instinctively proficient with a manual safety.
I was never able to master going back and forth, so I stopped carrying 1911s , though I still shoot one in some local competitions.

See my posts #220 and #238 in this thread for the long version.

I read your post and I definitely need to practice sweeping the safety with the P938. I’m actually decent at that. What is really holding me back is physically not being able to get a hand on the gun while in my IWB holster for a sub 4 second draw and shoot (new one still being fashioned) and with the factory OWB Sig holster its not worth practicing so I’ve just been carrying the Glock 30S waiting for the IWB holster to practice once again. I conceal carried a Beretta 92FS for awhile, then went to Glock 30S and had a minor setback with my Glock 45 so I am looking forward to going smaller this summer with the P938 then seeing if a dealer would be okay with transferring a Sig P365 SAS to save a buck or two by not purchasing a Sig P365 and then SAS separately.

Its funny. Because people are unpredictable when stressed, , I've taken to carrying my 365 for the last several days. rather than my lazy man's EDC of a Kahr P380.

I've been carrying OWB with just a T shirt over it and nobody has said anything despite a noticeable bulge. Shoot, in the last few days I've been just about everywhere, Costco, Wegman's , Hiking in the Fells, with the 365 in an Outlaw Holster OWB held up by a Wilderness Instructor Belt.

I hardly even notice its there. This may get me out of the habit of carrying a pocket gun so much.

Back
Top Bottom