• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's looking to buy the 365?

I've had a P365 free state for a while now. I do love the build quality and the 10+1rds, but I can't seem to shoot it worth a damn. Tried various different grip techniques and stances. Just can't seem to lock it in as well as my Shield. I also don't like the backstrap of the P365. Bottom corner digs into my hand, even with the pinky mag. I've started carrying my Shield gen 1 with Apex and Magguts again. I'll keep trying with the P365, but until I can confidently get good groupings, those 2 extra rounds don't mean shit for me.

Did the exact same thing for the same reason. Hopefully arriving today.
I think I like the look/weight of the shapeway extension, but I’m very impatient so I ordered the purple ones from NDZ because they were in stock.

I’m aware of two places that sell an extended base plate for the ten round mags:

Sig Sauer P365 Magazine Extensions - Solid Aluminum Grip Extenders And More | NDZ Performance

And these:

SIG P365 - Full Grip Base Pad by TacticalDev on Shapeways

I think I like the look/weight of the shapeway extension, but I’m very impatient so I ordered the purple ones from NDZ because they were in stock.

The crucial part in my opinion is the rear lip that continues the backstrap on the Shapeways version. Would completely eliminate the corner pinch I'm experiencing now. I may try to print out a set myself.

I’m aware of two places that sell an extended base plate for the ten round mags:

Sig Sauer P365 Magazine Extensions - Solid Aluminum Grip Extenders And More | NDZ Performance

And these:

SIG P365 - Full Grip Base Pad by TacticalDev on Shapeways

Please give an update on the NDZ, I'm thinking of ordering a couple of them.

Please give an update on the NDZ, I'm thinking of ordering a couple of them.

I should have them Friday. They’re heavy, about an oz. I didn’t want the weight in the gun while carrying, but I’m more interested in them for the spare mag to lengthen it to make it easier to reload without smashing into the Hand that’s holding the gun.

How is the small one any different from the stock plate? Just heavier?

Slightly heavier, but it just feels solid, and like it will stand to abuse better. I got it to replace the flush mag, which I couldn’t use.

I'll be getting one with 12 round mags, my son is looking into printing an extension for the 10s. We are both waiting for the manual safety version to ship.

I have about 500 rounds through mine. 200 ball and 300 duty type. I am very happy with it, it will be my jeans/shorts and tee shirt gun.
Gold Dot 9mm short barrel is carry round.

I have about 500 rounds through mine. 200 ball and 300 duty type. I am very happy with it, it will be my jeans/shorts and tee shirt gun.
Gold Dot 9mm short barrel is carry round.
Any striker drag issues? abnormal wear?

The other advantages (kind of the same advantage), is that the stock magazine has a sharp edge at the bottom, while the aluminum one is rounded. The aluminum one also blocks the bottom edge of the backstrap (at the gap towards the magazine) so that it's not digging into the palm as much. To me anyway.
Slightly heavier, but it just feels solid, and like it will stand to abuse better. I got it to replace the flush mag, which I couldn’t use.

They are fantastic. I have the small one that is similar to the regular pinky extension mag, and it’s perfect. Had I the extra cash I’d swap all plates for it.

I was looking at those too but decided to try out the Pearce Grip ones since I have them on my Glocks and they are usually spot on.

The other advantages (kind of the same advantage), is that the stock magazine has a sharp edge at the bottom, while the aluminum one is rounded. The aluminum one also blocks the bottom edge of the backstrap (at the gap towards the magazine) so that it's not digging into the palm as much. To me anyway.

There are lots of sharp edges on the 365, I removed them all with a little careful use of very fine sandpaper. Aside from the ridiculously hard to load mags, these sharp edges were my only complaint. I shoot mine as well or better than any other of my handguns, I think it's accuracy is outstanding for a short barrel pistol and the sights are great, it hits where I point it. If you are so inclined, read my range report, My P365 Range Trip/Observations Update #3.

I've owned mine for 3 weeks. Still haven't shot it. LOL. Just too f'ing busy. Spring cleaning. Work. Trip to Missouri. Yada yada. Hoping to get to the range actively after Easter.

Any striker drag issues? abnormal wear?
I did not really notice it, does not mean there was none.
I was more concerned how the gun works for me; fit, reliability, and accuracy. So far so good.
I am off for a few, hope to get down to Hanson R&G for some trigger time

I was looking at those too but decided to try out the Pearce Grip ones since I have them on my Glocks and they are usually spot on.

The Pearce grip extensions look great, and at a great price! Thanks for the tip! I don't have a P365 yet, but do plan on getting one, and hopefully I'll remember about these extensions when the time comes.

Frank

I did not really notice it, does not mean there was none.
I was more concerned how the gun works for me; fit, reliability, and accuracy. So far so good.
I am off for a few, hope to get down to Hanson R&G for some trigger time
Striker drag can be a reliability issue when the end of the firing pin breaks off.

The Pearce grip is certainly priced right, but I want something that extended in the back and is closer to what the 12 round base looks like.

Back
Top Bottom