Who sells B&T APC9 in Massachusetts

Not to thread jack but is there any precedent that an SBR must be AWB compliant? My understanding is the AWB is written with rifle defined as having a 16"+ barrel. So it would seem that you can't be both an SBR and a rifle in mass? Hence the registration issues. Wouldn't this mean any SBR is AWB exempt?
Sometimes it’s best to know the law and keep your mouth shut.

Why wouldn't they be able to demote it if they bought it? It sounds like pistols can be changed to rifles pretty freely, so would it just be a matter of them updating their books? And the firearm only gets "registered" in MA (the transaction recorded, essentially) at the time of sale. If they SBR it, or return it to its original pistol configuration (which is cool by BATFE) it shouldn't be any concern of the commonwealth's.

I seem to remember at one point though if a gun was sold as a rifle it could never be promoted after that. Now if the dealer just says "f*** it" and checks off handgun, then that's different, but sort of a whole pointless exercise.

Regardless, it sounds too f***y for any typical risk-averse MA dealer to be willing to try it.

-Mike

Not to thread jack but is there any precedent that an SBR must be AWB compliant? My understanding is the AWB is written with rifle defined as having a 16"+ barrel. So it would seem that you can't be both an SBR and a rifle in mass? Hence the registration issues. Wouldn't this mean any SBR is AWB exempt?

Not that I know of.. it's mostly interpretation. I wouldn't test the waters.

Letter of the law pretty much agrees with you. Though the MA definition of a rifle isn’t in the AWB section.

This kid got jammed up for an “assault weapon” 12” AR with evil features. But, he also broke a lot of laws. I think a good lawyer could have gotten him off the assault weapon charge. I’d be interested to know if his lawyer even brought up the legal definition of SBRs in MA.

telegram.com

.....have you considered a CAA MCK??? Not an SBR. $200 plus your normal 9mm Glock.
just my two ¢ents, I'm picky but I do hate the MCK / Roni / Scout / Hera / Kidon / Morphy / MechTech. They are all just cheap, flimsy, uncomfortable shortcuts instead of getting a proper PCC [pistol caliber carbine rifle].

Now that I own a PTR-9R MP5 carbine, I'm super happy and will never need another PCC again.
Also the Sig MPX 9mm (sbr) with an 8" barrel is one absolutely-amazing dedicated 9mm AR.

View: https://youtu.be/VyGnsLO6rDY

also I test fired a [9mm] Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine, Kriss Vector and Kel Tec Sub2000, dislike all of the above.

No idea why this thread was resurrected but I can confirm there are fully MA compliant apc9k sbrs in Massachusetts as of 2022. Multiple dealers will 4473 a apc9k pistol and hold it for you until the form 1 is approved then make the gun MA Awb compliant. Its not very difficult to figure out how to go about it.

Form 1s taking under 15 days to get approved currently

No idea why this thread was resurrected but I can confirm there are fully MA compliant apc9k sbrs in Massachusetts as of 2022. Multiple dealers will 4473 a apc9k pistol and hold it for you until the form 1 is approved then make the gun MA Awb compliant. Its not very difficult to figure out how to go about it.

Form 1s taking under 15 days to get approved currently
Please elaborate...

They turn the pistol into an SBR???

How do you make is Mass Compliant???

It just needs a stock, right?

Here is the pistol...

Is this the right stock?

Please provide info.

Yes. Pistol into sbr. Same magic recipe can be used for scorpions, stribogs, bren2, kp-9, Sig MPX etc. Get them as pistols and the barrels are already at the correct length. Some guys gets the rifles and chop them (scorpion, mcx, Bren 2 for example) but thats extra cost and hassle.

No. Can't use that stock. Gotta use this version. Very easy for an FFl with half a brain to lock it open since it's all plastic

Last edited:
Yes. Pistol into sbr. Same magic recipe can be used for scorpions, stribogs, bren2, kp-9, Sig MPX etc. Get them as pistols and the barrels are already at the correct length. Some guys gets the rifles and chop them (scorpion, mcx, Bren 2 for example) but thats extra cost and hassle.

No. Can't use that stock. Gotta use this version. Very easy for an FFl with half a brain to lock it open since it's all plastic

Do they make a suitable stock to make legal and non collapsible for the 9mm?

That stock is for a rifle.

I think we should discuss further until somebody explains how to do it rather all the double secret plans that people claim everybody knows but nobody can explain.

I think we should discuss further until somebody explains how to do it rather all the double secret plans that people claim everybody knows but nobody can explain.
Of course its for a rifle. What do you think the R in SBR stands for?

Last edited:

I already explained how to do it above. But I'll break it down for you again

1) buy pistol
2) have it sent to local knowledgeable MA FFL
3) FFl does 4473 and separates gun into 2 pieces
4) Owner of gun (you) file form 1 on atf.gov
5) owner of gun (you) wait 15 days for ATF to approve form1
6) owner of gun ( you) notify your FFL the pistol is now a rifle (sbr).
7) FFL pins stock and perm attaches non flash hider to barrel and you leave with gun
8) owner of gun ( you) have 7 days to efa-10 it as a pistol
9) owner of gun ( you) get receiver engraved with your name or name of your trust.
10) owner of gun (you) enjoy your kickass gun

Of course its for a rifle. What do you think the R in SBR stands for?
The B&T APC9 is a pistol not a rifle. I don't think the rifle stock will fit on it.

The link you gave for that stock does not say it works with the APC9 which is a pistol (9mm) - it's only for the B&T rifles.

I know the R in SBR is for rifle but you can take a pistol and add a fixed stock to make it SBR.

I can follow your instructions with my FFL if I can get a fixed stock for the APC9 pistol and make a SBR out of it.

Here are the 2 B&T guns. One pistol that we are talking about here and the other a rifle...

It does seem like the APC9 Pro does in fact have a stock. All that needs to be done is pin it.

This is looking good.

Thanks for the step by step!

Back
Top Bottom