Who makes a better optic mount, LaRue or A.R.M.S Inc?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Now that I've put together my NES Lower and Upper I've mounted an Trijicon 4x TA31MCO M4CP w/ a 7 MOA Doctor Red Dot Sight on it. The Trijicon has the standard two screw mount, which takes up a lot of space on the rail and is not quick to get off the upper.

100_2299.jpg

Because of that I've been looking for a quick release mount that will provide a stable platform for my Trijicon. I've narrowed it down to two different mounts. They are:

1. LaRue Tactical ACOG RCO Mount
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=244

2. A.R.M.S.® #19S ACOG® Single Lever Mount
http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=25

They are both similiar in price and look to provide what I am looking for in a Trijicon mount. My question is this. If given the choice between these two vendors, which do you prefer and why?

Also, does anyone have any first hand knowledge with these particular mounts and if so, is there anything I should be aware of?

Both are very good. I am sure you know but I would go with LaRue simply on his customer service. If anything goes wrong with it you will be taken care of.

Look, I realize Massachusetts is the home-state for ARMS and while they certainly do make some decent stuff - LaRue is just clearly a cut above in my opinion. ARMS lost me the second time my Trijicon took a dive off my SOCOM-16. I went LaRue and never went back. Mark's craftsmanship is just stellar...

I love the LaRue mounting system. Solid as a rock and customer support is top notch. I've ordered 2 mounts for my Aimpoints plus 2 Surefire lights and mounts. Plus 2 of their F.U.G.'s and a bipod set-up. You won't be sorry.
Plus they send you a whole box of freebies.

Hope this helps.

USECarbineCompleted007a.jpg

Last edited:
Look, I realize Massachusetts is the home-state for ARMS and while they certainly do make some decent stuff - LaRue is just clearly a cut above in my opinion. ARMS lost me the second time my Trijicon took a dive off my SOCOM-16. I went LaRue and never went back. Mark's craftsmanship is just stellar...

Damn Mark. Did the mount break or just come loose? That's F'd up, especially seeing how much these Trijicon's go for.

LaRue... mine came with a free tactical bottle opener.

Amen brother! [smile]

Damn Mark. Did the mount break or just come loose? That's F'd up, especially seeing how much these Trijicon's go for.

It just fell off...Twice. I called ARMS and they insisted I had not properly mounted it, or that my mount was out of spec. I remounted, fired a hundred or so rounds out of it, checked it periodically and then mid mag dump, it went for a ride downtown again...I gave it to my buddy to try and he had the same issue. Last time I saw it, a 7.62x51 was sailing through it...

+1

Both are well made and sturdy.

The advantage of the ARMS is that they are non destructive, but they are not adjustable so they only fit rails that are in spec--amazing how many rails are not in spec.

Larue's are adjustable so they will fit all rails--in spec or not--however, they are destructive to the rails. If you put them on and off often you WILL wear the rail.

If its just a range toy or comp gun then you could get by with an ARMS, but if its a gun that has any chance that you will rely on to save your life then you owe it to yourself and your loved ones to buy the best and thats larue. No doubt about it

have larue, gg&g, and arms mounts. Arms would be last I would buy again. The arms for my eotech fts mount is junk. I had to make shims to get it to hold the magnifier on securely.

Larue.

Great customer service, vocally pro 2nd amendment owners, excellent high-quality products.

Plus when I ordered direct from larue I got these free:

LaRue Tactical Beverage Entry Tool

P1011962200.JPG

"God Bless our Troops... Especially Our Snipers." sticker

013.jpg

I have several ARMS mounts but use them exclusively with the ARMS rail system. I have never had any problems. Everything fits so tightly that I sometimes have a difficult time taking the mounts off. With that said, I do not know anything about how compatible ARMS mounts are with non-ARMS rails. I do know that the ARMS rails have slightly different shape than what I would consider to be the standard. Why that is the case I do not know.

I have had no problems with GG&G or Larue would not mind buying both but would prob go larue for thier service and freebies. Both are good quality products.

My problem I had with arms is with an eotech fts mount it usese a arms lever to take off the optic if needed. Closed it would not securly hold optic on mount had to make 2 aluminum shims to put in it so it would close solid.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'm going to order the LaRue mount. It's interesting as I was talking with Marc at ZHA and the guys there were saying the Larue's were junk compared to the ARMs. Then again ZHA is a seller of ARMs and not LaRue.

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'm going to order the LaRue mount. It's interesting as I was talking with Marc at ZHA and the guys there were saying the Larue's were junk compared to the ARMs. Then again ZHA is a seller of ARMs and not LaRue.

Thanks again.

Wow...That's interesting...Everyone's entitled to their opinion - especially if you stock their product, [wink] but I think most folks who have truly compared them both in the real world would heartily disagree....

Back
Top Bottom