Who isn't buying a handgun because of ammo?

Ammo is “findable”, just keep searching. Buy the gun. Every house should have a 1911 just because.

My XDM 4.5 covers the house if I need to. and I can't wait to move to Maine so I can put 19 rd mags in it.

Last edited:
My XDM 4.5 covers the house if I need to. and I can't wait to move to Maine so I can put 19 rd mags in it.

I get that. All good, but an XD isn’t a 1911. Not that a 1911 is the be all end all by any means, they’re just classy, badass and a joy to shoot. It’s been my favorite pistol since I was a kid.

If the gun is available now for a decent price then get it. It may not be there in the future

Been thinking of a .45 auto but with low or no availability of ammo, I haven't done it. Anyone else have this predicament?
1) Buy the gun.
2) PM me your address.
3) Wait impatiently for the big brown truck to bring you a heavy-ish box.
4) Remember to pay it forward when you have the chance.

Meantime, ammoseek.com is your friend.

Ive wanted a ruger 57 but ill hold off a year for the prices to go down. No way im paying 40+ for a box of ammo

5.7x28 has NEVER been cheap or widely available, so I expect the ammo will forever remain expensive.
What shocked me was how much .45LC and .30 Carbine go for nowadays.
Thankfully, I reload 18 different calibers and haven't bought factory centerfire ammo since the 90's.

Been thinking of a .45 auto but with low or no availability of ammo, I haven't done it. Anyone else have this predicament?

Buy the 45. No one really shoots their guns anyway. Don't believe me? Go to the classifieds right now. Every handgun for sale has " less than 100 rounds down the pipe" or was "shot once when purchased and has been in the safe ever since"

5.7x28 has NEVER been cheap or widely available, so I expect the ammo will forever remain expensive.
What shocked me was how much .45LC and .30 Carbine go for nowadays.
Thankfully, I reload 18 different calibers and haven't bought factory centerfire ammo since the 90's.
I was paying $19 for 50 rounds for my ps90. I don't find that expensive considering .45 was only 5 less pre covid. The current price of over $40 for 5.7 i will not pay. Ill wait.

Buy the 45. No one really shoots their guns anyway. Don't believe me? Go to the classifieds right now. Every handgun for sale has " less than 100 rounds down the pipe" or was "shot once when purchased and has been in the safe ever since"

LMAO!

Even a hundred rounds seems excessive. A friend bought/flipped a Marlin .45-70 with five rounds fired. I saw a Delta Elite with ten rounds fired. Incredible! Why even bother buying them?

I wanted to pick up a pc9 carbine this weekend, but ammo is in such short supply I decided to hold off. Then I started to think this was the right time to get into reloading.

I'm going to start buying primers, powder, bullets, shells etc first as they come up for reasonable prices. Then pick up a press. Seeing how the shortage is on reloading supplies as well as ammo, it might be a bit before I grab the press. I need to do some remodeling in the basement first, anyway.

Definitely pick up the 45 now, it's hard to say what the future has in store for us all. I'm so glad that I listened to the NES general consensus over the last 12 months and stocked up on ammo. I'm sure I have 1/20 the amount that many of you have but it's enough that I can continue going to the range a few times a month without risk of running low for quite some time.

I'm in the market for a .22 revolver. Have buckets of 22lr and might as well use some of it when everything else is dry.
Try Paradis Firearms and Repair, I know he has a 317 and a 617 there. He had a Pathfinder there but sold it the other day. His name is Paul 508-867-3268

Trying to decide between a S&W 60 3" barrel or model 66 2.75" Combat Magnum. I stumbled upon some .38 +P that I don't want to shoot out of my snubby. I'm torn because I want the least recoil (wrist/hand problems), and the nicest trigger. The model 60 I could put the Apex trigger kit in.

Back
Top Bottom